Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy Showdown Invitational??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, Jul 11, 2011.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

are we talking chocolate or swap meet? :D

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Sept 16th-18, GoodGuys Indy
    Sept 22-35, James Dean/Ducktail Car Shows

Neither I think will effect attendance at a 2nd Jalopy Showdown event.

Sept 30th, Oct 1 & 2 Pumpkin Run, Cinci Oh area, I think is the same weekend as the Jalopy Drags so this weekend is probably out anyway.

3. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Denise are you going to be at this event?

4. Byron

Byron

Larry; Sounds like a good idea, sort of a "Goodwood Revival" but with hot rods. Proper running and driving Hot Rods and Historic Race Cars, no junk or cartoon cars.

5. Brian C

Brian C

Larry, one of the questions for a September date may be "How much time off do YOU need between a 2nd Jalopy Showdown and the Jalopy Showdwown Drags?" The weekend of Sept 16th would at least give you a 2 week breather.

6. Spike!

Spike!

I'm in with Rod and Kulture!

Spike

7. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

I have a wedding to attend Sept. 24th. The last time I skipped a wedding for the Showdown, I wound up in Shock Trauma! Doubt I could talk Erin into that again.

How 'bout we pre-register spectators too? ;-)

8. cadillac dave

cadillac dave

Sounds great. I broke down on the way this year and didn't make it. I would do a swap dspace. Cadillac Dave

9. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

I'm in. If the coupe isn't traditional enough i got a wide 5, mech brake speedster coming soon.
    After Rumblers NYC and before Jalopyrama?

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Depends on the date. You??

11. Sounds like a great idea. I'd drive up as a spectator.
    RB

12. fww32

fww32

I say go on week end that is best for you and race car group, others will come to your show or not, but I imagine you will get more then enough cars and spectators to make it a sucess. Sometimes in life you have to make choices of which show to attend.

13. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I really want to and it will depend on the date as well.
    Maybe it will all work out. I have yet to get down to the Showdown and it would be great to go.

14. Curt Six

Curt Six

Sounds like a great idea! If we start working on the art for it now, maybe we can have it done by a week or two before the show! :)

I vote September as well. Weather is always killer and there aren't many decent shows along these lines in our neck of the woods in September.

Count me in.
    Curt

15. fatabone

fatabone

I like this reply. Find a time when the Old Timers are running locally and the fairgrounds is available and just set the date. There are people who want to travel here and make it into the show so if they are pre-selected they know they are in. I was at the Showdown when it was run with the racecars years ago and that was the best one for me.

This show won't be till 2012!

16. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Jr. If I come down does the offer still apply for me I want to bring the truck down hopefully it would fit the criteria of a traditional driven Hot Rod. Oh yeah I have the 2x2 intake on it now and I am messing with the other Flattie I got from you. Thanks Agian I had fun hanging out for the little bit of time and can't wait to get down your way for one of these shows

17. fatabone

fatabone

Yeah man we look forward to seeing you. How is it running with the 2-2 intake?

18. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

hay this sounds good.....

can you pm me some info on this

19. coop31

coop31

Great idea Larry, would be something to see.

20. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I drove it from round trip to back and forth to the Syracuse Nationals and Drag Raced it on the Dirt up there Friday night. The 2x2 set up is working great I need a cam and heads though ..............lol.........I want it faster :D

21. Cshabang

Cshabang

set the date, Ill do my best to be there...

22. Why not make the "Invitational" a part of the Showdown Drags ?

23. Ratrod37

Ratrod37

Larry,I will be there whatever the date is you and your crew put on a great show.The Showdown is my favorite show of the year.I am fine with being a spectator however the show is setup.For me the location and the people are what make it a successful show.You could have the greatest cars from all over and if the people are no fun neither is the show.

24. George T G

George T G

Soundl like somthing I would like to attend on either side of the fence. If your takeing applications my A is as orignal - early as they come.
    DId I miss the part about location?
    Begining of Nov is always a good date.

25. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

So where are you at? Whats decisition?

26. scarylarry

scarylarry

Still working on a date with the museum. I'll have it figured out in a month or two. I gotta get through the Showdown Drags first!

27. slant37

slant37
    from Holland PA

Sorry, why change a terrific show? I love this being in the spring. When you go into sept and oct. which are rainey months, and months that typically have alot of really good traditional rockabilly car shows in PA.
    But, with all that said, I would come anyway....Just love your show!

28. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

ill be there you know that! . also i was there for the year the race cars were there and that was something else ! what a great thing to see and i know some people that were there that day just as spectators and always mention that one year and how much they liked that. dates in august and sept seems like theres a lot of shows weekend to weekend maybe oct after hershey like someone else mentioned

29. scarylarry

scarylarry

Not changing the spring date. This would be a one time, second show deal for the 10th year of the show.

30. Moloko

Moloko

I'd come even if my car wasn't in it. Hell, I havn't had my car in the field for the last two years and I've still been there.