Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hot Rod & Kustom Kulture In Brazil! Pictures!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ricardo_rocha, Nov 17, 2010.

1. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

This 1940 Chevy Coupe also from Bonneville Custom Garage

[​IMG]

2. Manche

Manche

I wonder if there's such shop here?

3. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

I don't know if you guys have it in Uruguay...But What I can say is that this is also kind of new down here...It took a long time to have the ideal conditions to start having shops like this around...Even this one above is actually a shop that partnership was broken and the guys opened other bussinesses separetelly...Bonneville was Totty Hot Toys first...and those projects started before they got separated...Well in the end what I mean is that if you are resilient enough you can succeed...Its a quite hard bussiness branch the one of building customs and hot rods...But if you believe you can make it real...Here in South America we still have a lot of cars around and a lot of people interested in such things...What we need is a more powerful economy and its coming to be reality very soon...I have a lot of interest in doing bussiness in Uruguay for example...One day I believe it will happen... ;)

4. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

5. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

6. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

7. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

8. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

9. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

10. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

11. NEALS49

NEALS49

12. screwball

screwball

Can we see your junk yard pics? A new thread would be cool.

13. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

Unfortunately most of my pics were lost in a bad Hard Disk among them the Junkyard ones! :(

14. Manche

Manche

as long you're flexible enough to work with european cars too i have great ideas for beetles and other things from the era, i'm sketching it right now but I'm not happy with it yet.

The good thing though is that Uruguay has a tradition of auto restoration and export (i dont know if you can import an used car here)

A freind of my big brother has a 1962 impala wagon, he has it lowered, and still with the cracked black paint, I've been pushing to him the idea od pastel green body and wheels with white roof complemented with green/white pinstripes, it would look very handsome at least in my head.

15. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

What do you mean by tradition in export? Are there any laws to make it easier or sometihng like this? I have a lot of interest in it!

16. Manche

Manche

From what my father said to me once, planty of 1930's cars were exported somewhere else after restored, most ended up in Brazil.

Sometimes I get to see cars that stayed here in great shape and being driven daily.

Buying an old car is sometimes very difficult, because it takes as much paperwork as purchasing a house or more. sometime the one with th title is not the one who is selling (despite is not a stolen car), but sometime the real owner might be dead, and it's family reluctant to sell it despite they are not going to do anything with it. :mad:

17. Hey Ricardo...thanks for sharing the pics of the Brazilian hot rods...some really nice work. I too have been to Rio and Sao Paulo many times and have not seen any rods on the street. A well kept secret! But as I know the Brazilian economy is booming ,I met some Brazilian exporters at both Carlisle and Hershey this past October buying cars and sending them back to BR. I too...married a wonderful Brazilian woman....so I will be visiting often. I now have extended family in Rio de Janeiro and Cabo Frio so hope to meet you one day soon!!

18. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

Great man! Keep in touch! If you come to Rio it would be a pleasure talk to you!

19. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

5329258476_2f7dbd0103.jpg

This Girl is known as "Facinatrix"...She's into PinUp performance and Burlesque!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  20. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

21. nagramos

nagramos

Wonderful pictures, Ricardo. Man, I can't miss 2011 meeting!

22. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

I will be there for sure! I promised to take more guys from Rio to this meeting! Lets team up and make a group to visit the guys there!!!

23. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

The same event this year will happen in November 12/13/14...

[​IMG]

24. Ax

Ax

ahhh nice! and I might even be in brazil that weekend.. ;)

do you have more pics of that black 39 coupe?

cheers
    a.

25. Great bunch of pix. All the model A's featured were the cat's ass and the girls very hot. Thanks a lot, nice job!

26. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

Man, if you gonna stay in Brazil around this date you should go there and enjoy it! It is in southern Brazil about an hour by plane from Rio...Im leaving from Rio till there just to see this meeting...If you need help in order to attend it Im here!

The owner of the 36 coupe is a friend of mine...I will post more pictures later!!!

I hope I see you around that meeting!

27. BlueOvalCertified

BlueOvalCertified
    from Minnesota

28. Ax

Ax

I might be in Rio at that time, and if so, sure I'm interested to go to the show! how long of a drive would it be from Rio?

The 39 black coupe I meant, not the 36! There were 2 pics of it....

29. [​IMG]
    MMMM, Nice puppies!

30. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

Ahhh Ok! I misunderstood it...This is the 39...Im not sure if I have more pics! I will check it out ant tell you later...By the way you might spend about 8 hours going from Rio to Curitiba by car! Its a quite long trip! Im going by plane! Hope to see you there!!!