Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Factory Experimental Questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wetspeed, Jul 13, 2011.

1. wetspeed

wetspeed
    from So Cal

1. What Years was Factory Experimental run as a Set of Classes (A/FX, B/FX etc)?

2. Did all Factory Experimental run Front and Rear Bumpers?

Photos without bumpers if they exist please.

Thank you for your help.

2. 65deluxe

65deluxe

Ran '62 through '67. A through C, though some tracks seemed to have run later and higher FX classes.

3. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

All legal NHRA FX cars and trucks were basicly low production (at least 50) super stockers so they appeared the same as a production car with all lights bumpers etc.
    the lines get blurred around 1965 when the wjheelbase started being moved and match racing gets big, its after this that cars that were not legal a/fx cars get called a/fx because they used to be a legal a/fx(2% wheelbase change maxa nd stock firewal) or are racing other cars that were.
    hope this makes sense to ya.

4. wetspeed

wetspeed
    from So Cal

@ II Funny: Yes it does. I am trying to make a decision on whether my 62-64 Dodge D100 B/FX Truck needs a Front Bumper. I have the filler Panel from a Dodge D300 truck and wanted to use that in place of the Front Bumper so it would look factory.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011

5. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I do not see any issue in running without a bumper as long as it looks factory and there isn't any precedent.

6. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Bumpers were generally required, but were often aluminum or fiberglass. A few trucks competed in /FX, but they weren't very common. Substitution of a big-truck piece for the bumper? You might have gotten away with it, depending on who was doing the teching, and how competitive you were.

7. wetspeed

wetspeed
    from So Cal

I may end up making a Fiberglass Piece or Acid Dip the steel one...