Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Anyone Remember This Magazine??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hemisteve, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Through the power of the HAMB, I'm hoping to find an old magazine/annual. I had this old annual back when I was a kid (late 70's or early 80's - yeah, I know, that's not OLD) and read it until the pages fell out. It was a Customizing book, probably by Petersen Publishing but I can't say for sure. Had some 70's lowrider articles (like custom grille fab, funky custom velour interiors how-to's with wet bar and beer tapper), some articles of Carl Green customizing a 240Z Datsun, some Corvette and van mod stuff and a somewhat in depth look at the building of the Deora by the A Bros. Anyone remember this book? I can't for the life of me remember the title or even exactly what the cover looked like. It was a real inspiring book for me as I grew up in a non-automotive household and really would like to find this book or just the title or ISBN to maybe track a copy down.

Thanks,
    Steve

2. whamoman

whamoman
    from USA

3. Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for!

Steve

4. whamoman

whamoman
    from USA

Your welcome....
    Carl

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Is this place amazing...................or what?:cool::D

Frank

6. Power of the HAMB!!!!

7. Yeah, and that's the Carl Green who sent the link to the book on eBay! Very cool to hear from a legendary customizer about my insignificant little search for an obscure book that was a real inspiration to me growing up.

Oh and, by the way, the eBay seller would not ship to Canada so Carl offered to find me a copy and send it off! I managed to find one through Amazon.ca but, wow, what an offer!

Again, the power of the HAMB . . .

Steve

8. They don't make 'em much cooler than Carl.. Damn good guy.

9. I bought this book on eBay. After waiting several MONTHS for it to arrive (due to a mail strike) I got it today! I was rather unpleasently surprised to find that it DIDN'T have an article on the Dodge Deora, as stated above.
    So my question is: was there several of these books made, as in a series? Did I buy the wrong one? (With a Corvette and a 240Z on the cover).

Attached Files:

10. Yep, wrong one - I thought this issue had the Deora article but I can't recall what the cover looks like for the right one. I'm still hunting for it as well...

Steve