Register now to get rid of these ads!

'54 Chevy 210 v. Hardtop Roof Height Difference

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dead End Sleds, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Dead End Sleds

Dead End Sleds

I have done numerous searches trying to find difference between height measurements of '54 Chevy 210 and Hardtop roofs with no luck. Does anyone here know the difference? Also looking for height difference of front and rear glass.

I want to give car haircut, but not too much. I like the height of HTs. I think that height would be perfect for chop of 210 and if possible, would like to use back glass from HT.

If I missed a thread on this because I used wrong search terms, a link to thread would also be appreciated.

Thank you.

Ryan K.

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I think it's one inch but I can't be certain. Hardtop Definitely looks better in my opinion and I wish my '54 was one instead of a 150.

3. Dead End Sleds

Dead End Sleds

That's not much if it is.

I never used to think that HT's were better, but I've seen so many chops that are too low IMO, that I'm starting to like HT's more all the time.

Maybe my next one will have to be HT. Last year, my daughter asked for this one when I die and my son just asked for it this year. So I guess I have to have two.

4. 54metalman

54metalman

The difference is as follows:

Hardtop / conv is 2 inches lower than a sedan 2dr, 4dr, sedan delivery
    Sation Wagon is 2 inches taller than a sedan series

5. 54metalman

54metalman

Look at my avatar. The white car has a stock height hardtop winsheild and the other is a stock sedan. The white car left the factory as a sedan before Russ Meeks worked his magic on it.

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well if you don't like really low chops on those cars you should take a look at HOTDAMN's '54 he just chopped. He took 2" out of the a pillars which equated to a little more then 3" vertically. I think it's one of the most well balanced chops on a '53-'54 chevy I've ever seen.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547134

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Sweet chop on HOTDAM's.If I were going to chop a 54 I think I'd go with a hardtop windshield. ;)

8. Dead End Sleds

Dead End Sleds

I agree. I am subscribed to his thread. I really like that car; it's one of my faves. It looks cool and looks like it could have came from the factory that way.

9. Dead End Sleds

Dead End Sleds

Thanks for information guys. Now I have follow up question: Since I don't want to go too low, would it be a lot of work and fab to get a HT rear window or rear window from something like a '52 Belair in there... or would side windows need something done to them because HT and Belair windows wrap around too far? Looks like something would need to be done with side windows to me.

Thanks again.