Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMBers in Brisbane? I'm moving there...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Caballo, Jul 13, 2011.

1. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have been transferred from W.A. over to Brizzy. Naturally I am interested in anything car related over there but know fark-all about the area. I should be there at least before mid-August. I'm looking forward to meeting some Brizvegas HAMBers so let me know you are out there.

Ted:)

2. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

bttt for the night shift.

3. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Moving again!

Must be a pain in the butt man.

A few North Easterners will chime in for sure.....

Good luck!

HC.

4. mattfink

mattfink

I,m on the sunny coast.............

5. Hey Mate what side of Bris are you moving to? What area?

The local meets are Harrys Diner on Newmarket Rd, Windsor, Ferry Rd Diner down at Southport and Munchies on Beaudesert Road, Acacia Ridge. All are on a Friday night.

6. RobsHemiA

RobsHemiA
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Im on the Northside of Brisbane .

7. Deu55

Deu55

Southside of Brisbane ...Rod

8. lowdown

lowdown

Greazefest is at the start august should be able to see a few local HAMB friendly cars and people.

9. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A rolling stone gathers no moss, and doesn't get any work done on his car either...

I imagine I'll be able to get back to my stuff in 2013. ;)

Right now, plans are to be as close to my job in Fortitude Valley as I can. I have had it with 45+ minute commutes and having to wake up the rooster in the morning. This time I'm taking care of me (as much as my wife will let me). ;) Places like Bowen Hills, Kelvin Grove, New Farm, maybe Paddington. We shall see what happens.

I hope to be there for Greazefest!

10. hudson48

hudson48

Good areas to look for a place,but maybe getting expensive!!Lots of units being built in those areas.I am in Nundah and it is really coming alive now with new development.Only about 10 mins to Fortitude Valley.

PM me if you would like to catch up when you get here.I have plenty of time to show you around.

11. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

I'm moving to the gold coast in a month myself, hope to be daily driving my pickup by then! Hope I pull it off!

12. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool! Fortunately, the company is paying my rent and I'm not rewarded for leaving money on the table, so, Movin' on up, to the East Siiiiide, to a dee-lux apartment in the sky-hiiiiiiii....

13. KQQ16

KQQ16

Hey mate, I'm also on the southside. Local hangouts already suggested are pretty cool, just be careful which night you go to Harry's though. I think Thursday night is Ricer night.

14. hemibird43

hemibird43

car guys are the best, look you can go all over the world and as long as you find car people hell you have buds,take care enjoy your new friends.

15. Kinda OT, but how did Willowbank dragway survive the flooding?
    I want to get back there one day soon.

16. Man you get around!

17. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tumble along, with the tumblin' tumbleweeds... that's me.

Have skills, will travel.

18. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have to be there in Brizzy on 01AUG11 for work, looks like Greazefest is a go.

19. lowdown

lowdown

Just got some cheap flights for greazefest so might run into you. hope the move wasnt too bad.
    Brad

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Two Brisbane buds are visting me right now here in Detroit. One is a HAMB guy. I'll make sure he sees this thread. The other bloke is the one that purchased "RustyOlds" from me a year ago. Both are great guys and worth getting to know.

21. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool Denise, send them back with some cookies... :)

I've moved in to temporary accomodation for a month, so I'm sorted for a little while. It's hard finding a neighborhood with a state college for my children as they are year 6 and 7 and since we move them around a bit, we want them to stay together at school. We've checked out Kelvin Grove, Northgate and surrounding areas, and now we are looking to south of Brizzy. It ain't easy.

I'm really looking forward to Greazefest now...

22. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anyone going to Harry's on Friday?