Register now to get rid of these ads!

A reinterduction of sorts

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by TKEBH964, Jul 12, 2011.

1. TKEBH964

TKEBH964
    from MO

Well I have lurked on the HAMB here for a long time and posted very little a long time ago.

I was working on a 29 chevy coach, got the wood mocked up in the car then my first son was born and the project stopped.

I was then informed by my wife that I had to get a family car, so my hunt was on for an old station wagon. My wife was a little upset and wanted some creature comforts of a modern car, so I purchased a Dodge Magnum SRT8. A 425 hp station wagon is a family car, right?

After purchasing the magnum, I did keep up my hunt for an old station wagon knowing that my 29 just wasn't going to get going any time soon.

Last weekend I stumbled upon a 58 ford ranch wagon and other than an aluminum radiator, plastic puke tank and a repaint several years ago, it seems to be an all original fairly rust free car. The best part is I drove it 15 hours home in over 100 degree weather, with only one notable problem. The generator went out about halfway through my trip. Bought a couple batteries for insurance purposes at the local auto parts store and hit the road again.

The sad part, my finances dictated that I had to get rid of my magnum to make the deal happen, but I knew all along that it was a temporary car to get what I really wanted.

I finally have my old station wagon, and I couldn't be happier. Now I just gotta get that 29 on the road...