Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's roadster is this???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I just got the TRJ newsletter deal and in it was a picture of this little roadster. Obviously, a HAMBer... I'm curious as to who it is? I know I've seen it somewhere...

Perfect little car.

Attached Files:

2. it's not perfect because its not mine. ;)

<------------One jealous MF'er right here. That thing is right on.

3. Hack Attack

Hack Attack

Gary T. on here?

4. Hack Attack

Hack Attack

Another photo of it....

[​IMG]

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Sometimes, I see a car that I really like.... One that speaks to me in every way... and then I notice it has an Alliance tag. I can't say in words how proud that makes me. Mush.

6. henry29

henry29

No idea but here's a pic I took of it at Columbus,

Attached Files:

7. lkydevils13

lkydevils13

it looks good.. what motor is he running

8. I have to add that after seeing the blown up version I really like how the body fits the frame. also that color is to die for.....I think I'm in love.

9. tex34ford

tex34ford

Gary T here on the HAMB. I believe it runs a 365 Cad.

10. chopo

chopo

Built by homemadehardtops :) Jerry i believe

11. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Ryan, didn't you do a JJ blog post on this car at one time? Maybe I dreamt that you did... Regardless, it is a nice car, Jerry's good people too.

12. TMoney

TMoney

Real nice car. The fit of that body on the '32 chassis is spot on.

13. Spike!

Spike!

I shot that car for TRK awhile back..

Spike

14. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

15. I think I may have to borrow that cowl light turn signal idea. Great car!

16. that color combo is bad ass...has to be one of the best I have seen in a while

17. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

I wish I could just put my roadster on a 32 chassis juussstt to see what it looks like!!
    great idea with the cowl light turn signals...I approve!

18. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Yes it is mine. I have added a few touches of my own,but Homemadehardtop57 initially built the car--so its always been a HAMB car!I love it--was looking for a Roadster body ,but when Jerry decided to sell it (and the price was right) I just had to have it. Towed the 32 3 window home for him when I went to get the car---can't wait till I see it done with that big HEMI in it!
    To get a compliment from you,Ryan is an honor for Jerry and me
    Thanks
    Gary

19. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I really appreciate. I built by the car with help from several good friends...mostly HAMB'rs..I can think of about 12 folks... Lots of chassis and suspension help from my buddy Eli Horst too. I'm proud to say that the car was built and painted in a garage like they used to build them.

It really, really killed me to sell it...but I had to let it go to snag a real 32 3 window that was about 15 mins from my house. Gary was cool enough to go get the 32 with me before taking the roadster to make sure that deal went through ok.

I put about 12,000 miles on that roadster in one year..drove the absolute shit out of it..all over ..everywhere.

I'm so glad it went to a good home and could not have went to a better person. Gary and I have become good friends....and I look forward to the email updates with pictures that he sends me frequently. BTW, he also is driving the shit out of it....5 hour trip to a Jalopy Showdown ....etc.. He's hardcore. I also love that we both beat the hell out of that Caddy motor is she's still tickin. For the guy who asked ..its a 390. Spike did a killer spread on it in Traditional Rod and Kulture a couple years back. He's the man too!

Anyhow...congrats Gary on the Rodders Journal recognition

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  20. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

found it

<TABLE style="COLOR: #474747" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 0px solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: trebuchet ms; COLOR: #474747; FONT-SIZE: 13px; BORDER-TOP: #474747 0px solid; PADDING-TOP: 10px" class=headerBar vAlign=center align=left>
    [​IMG]
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="COLOR: #474747" class=bodyTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=20 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 20px; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; PADDING-LEFT: 20px; WIDTH: 400px; PADDING-RIGHT: 20px; FONT-FAMILY: verdana; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 12px; PADDING-TOP: 20px" class=defaultText vAlign=top align=left>
    TRJ Happenings
    Goodguys PPG Nationals Wrap Up

We're back in the office after another great weekend at the Goodguys PPG Nationals in Columbus, Ohio. Thank you to everyone that stopped by the TRJ booth. We hope to see you again soon...our next event is the NSRA Street Rod Nationals in Louisville, Kentucky, in three weeks. For those that weren't able to make it to the show last weekend, here is some of what caught our attention across the fairgrounds!

[​IMG]
    '30 Ford roadster, Gary Tonkavich, Fayette City, Pennsylvania.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

21. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Absolutely beautiful '30-'31 roadster. I guess that kinda kills the idea that these cars don't have the appeal of the earlier A roadsters.

Maybe one of these days I will get around to mine.

Post a few more pics of it Gary. Please...

22. Koz

Koz

Man Jerry your world famous! You guys need to check out his
    Sport coupe that he built over the winter. Maybe he can post a pic or two for you.

[​IMG]

I snagged this one before it waas finished.

23. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Pretty cool to see the old roadster still getting press . Many long nights building the car . Gary's a well-deserving owner of that cool ride .