Register now to get rid of these ads!

breeders beach party! flood 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by breeder, Jul 8, 2011.

1. 50Delux

50Delux
    from Michigan

Im sitting here in total shock, I am glad that you and your family are safe. I wish I lived closer to give a helping hand. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

2. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Haha Brian! Ray was the one that went to get the fire dept! Course the town I'm I'n is less then 100 people, so we know everyone!
    Thanks all.....wish I was smart enough to multi quote! Never have tried that ..

3. NoSurf

NoSurf

Glad you are ok.

4. Pisser Todd!! Need to do like the 'well-to'do' here in Georgia and put that trailer on stilts! Covered parkin', storage, good sentry view of the plantation, the benefits are endless. At least 'til ya get hood rich 'n have so much stuff ya can't park under your house any more, happens every time!
    You're handlin' it well man, hang in there! Hope you, momma breeder, the kids, and your 'lady friends' are back home soon!!

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So, that brings home what my history teacher was trying to tell us about farmers staking out fields in the "bottom land" so that the dirt got replenished by floods every few years.

Glad to see that you can keep your humor and have a plan in the works for when it finally dries out a bit.

I was thinking some of that "new dirt" needs to be pushed around and turned into a raised pad for the house and yard.

6. Man, this is all very painful to look at - as has been said, I do not think I would have the same sense of humor you still are having at this time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family - I hope you can get back home soon and get that plan of yours into action and get back on your feet.

7. Ricky B

Ricky B

Good thing the family is doing okay for now, that's some beach party. I hope you can keep the faith & hang in there during the clean up.

Aloha, Ric

8. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    one of the pics that henry took right when it started breaking! glad i wasnt there to watch that! :0
    internet is fixed again! the whole town was out do to water this time! ive been at 3 locations since the flood and everytime i get to one, the internet is {was} out! im like a dsl serial killer or something! :)

9. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

your history teacher was wrong! or he was talking about way back when there was no levee systems! if water comes in via slowly, its not that bad! but with a levee system, your HOSED! our great top soil is under 3-8 feet of river sand now! it will { if ever be years before we could get it back to shape! i think what he means, if you let your ground sit a year {do to normal flooding} it gives it time to build back up! but if your a farmer, you know thats not an option! it takes that yrs crops just to afford next yrs planting!.....theres a new history lesson fur ya!;):D

10. Sucks man. Glad you didn't get washed away though. My folks had similar crap happen in Southeast MO earlier this year. Nothing like you though. Damn.

11. tcb-1

tcb-1

yep, I have friends in southeast mo and northwest mo who were carried away with the water. jeez dude, I really feel for guys like you who lost so much.

not to mention I even know a buddy who "lived" in Joplin.

let's hope this shit will leave Missouri alone for a while now.

12. So sorry to see this all went down Breeder. :( I'm glad you and the family are safe.

13. Abomination

Abomination

Think of all the money you could make selling all that sand! :D

~Jason

14. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Or 120 acre watermelon patch! :)

15. All I have to say is.......JET SKIS!!!!!! Better get yourself a few,Breeder....Hope this shit goes away soon. How much of your stuff got ruined?

16. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Great ground for growing muskmelon too. That's "cantelope" for you city folks. ;) Get a loader and a dump tuck and sell it back to the folks back upstream next Winter.

17. as you've already learned with the silty loam in your area, you cannot take a dozer not equipped with wide tracks (18"+) through it, and wont be able to take a skinny track through it for some time yet sorry. dont lose a skid steer in there either...rubberized track equipment is usually best in situations like this, as they have a lower lbs per inch rating (10 or lower).

im so sorry to see this, glad you and yours are aok though. in the end, thats all that matters. also sorry i dont have the cash to just outright give ya to help with any repairs.

BUT, i do have skills. either in a machine or on the ground. not afraid of a shovel, and can run a dozer, trackhoe, etc. if it runs i can make it shake its money maker. i also used to work in river and stream restoration and dealt with things of this nature. if you need any help, anytime, let me know id be more than willing to donate my time and experiences to making your property well again and maybe better than it was. besides, i could stand to visit a few folks out your way i havent seen in awhile on my way back home.

dont be afraid to ask, is all im saying. id love to help by giving work and labor than some quick monetary relief.

good luck and best wishes.

18. rusty28a

rusty28a

I am truly sorry for what you went thru sir. I am glad to know that you and your family are safe. Best regards. Rusty

19. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

glad to hear you and your family is ok.....cars can be fixed.........john

20. WOW. Not much can be said other than I admire your spirit, and wish you the best rebuilding your life

21. hammeredrods

hammeredrods

Man those pics of the levee breaking are scary . I helped clean up after the brisbane floods ,Not pretty . good luck with the clean up .The main thing is you guys are safe.

22. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Well, levee board meeting was a fuck in wash! No federal help for farmland! Yeee hawwwwww. So, now our 130 acres of crops is now at 15 or less! WONDERFUL! the Corp has NO money to fix the levees, the levee district has 5 main breaks to fix and only has 40k! and if they fix them, the Corp shuts offour funding! I shoulda snuck across the fuck in border ! Be way better off! Rant over! Beer time!

23. Hang in there buddy, winters coming!

24. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Damn man...that is some serious carnage.you got a good spirit about it not letting it defeat you. I hope you can salvage most of it and start anew man

25. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

The board is supposed to b getting a call from the Corp today, I hope it's good news! I could use a lil!

26. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

I just realized it was one month ago today that we where sand bagging that damn levee! Damn glad it wasn't this hot out then! :0 man time flys....

27. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Well, FEMA basically told us to go get screwed! ( there's a shocker) and the Corp still has no idea when or if they can get the funding! Not sure what other options we have, but I do know it's getting old quick! Gotta love the government!

28. You should of been on welfare, the government would fixed everything and built new buildings for you.

29. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Yup! Thats what we get for trying to have our own business! A nice big fat one I'n the back door! :mad:

30. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

What gets me is I'n 93, the lil town we are staying at for now, had 30 days to watch the water raise and break there levees. Most of them left everything! I know people that live here that went from a shitty old double wide, to brand new BRICK homes and fully furnished thanks to fema aka my and your tax money! I had a fucking hour to grab what I could and they tell me to fuck off?!