Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sometimes "just because you can"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, Jul 11, 2011.

1. matt 3083

matt 3083
    from Tucson, Az

Just when you think that you've seen
    all the "real cars" this shows up. Oh
    my god.
    Matt

2. HotRod33

HotRod33

Now thats what I call a FORDin a FORD....... That truck is awesome....

3. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Killer!! Are you planning a chop?

4. wally55

wally55

Very Very NICE!!That will be nice to see on the street.That chassis should be strong enough?:D

5. topfuel55

topfuel55
    from Hebron IN

Holy cow, makes my want to put my junk out for the trash. Great to see someone with you vision have the raw material to build something like this truck. Bitchen.

6. Wow, that's one "bad-to-the-bone" looking little SOB - great work,engineering, and craftmanship! I'm subscribed ....

7. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

No this is NASCAR spec engine stuff at it's finest.

8. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Very nice ! Now how do i get the drool out of my keyboard ?:D

9. dad-bud

dad-bud

That is one hell of a lot of motor - the chassis has got a shipload of bars in it, but that brute is still gonna flex it. Plenty of plan bracing but not much torsional. Should be an interesting ride.
    Looking forward to the build progress.

10. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

11. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Not really. It has enough vertical dimension to handle it. The frame is similar to the one we built for Tangerine Scream with a few modifications. That made over 650hp in the end, and never flexed. And it had plenty of seat time at a prepped track. As was quoted before, slingshots don't have a ton of vertical dimension, and they do just fine.

Plus, the instant center (IC) that's dialed into the rear suspension will let it hit, but not wheel stand. It should carry the hoops for a few feet if the planets are in line, the track is prepped, and it has the right tires. The Radir Slicks do fine, but not with big power. I've been talking with the owner about having a set of M&H slicks on another set of rims for track days. Thing is, without a cage or bar, the owner is limited to 11.50 and slower anyway. I've talked with him about a throttle stop so he can still go to the track, but not break out of his time and still be able to race all day.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  12. Bigjake

Bigjake

Goddamn work firewall blocking pictures! You say it's got a cammer? When I have engine dreams I dream about the cammer.

13. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Yes it's getting a chop. 5 inches I think. The owner wants to take care of the cab himself. We're doing one of our beds for him, and the grill shell. He'll do the sheet metal work and the final assembly and wiring. It'll live in Texas. So all you Texans will have a front row seat when he lights the candle on it. I'd like to be able to come down to Texas for that day!

14. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

You won't want to hear about how it's injected too then. Especially with not being able to see the photographs. :D

15. Bigjake

Bigjake

DAMNIT!!! Must...get...home...:D

16. dutched32

dutched32

awesome work the truck is awesome!!

17. timmay316

timmay316

I think wow would be the understatement of the year. But WOW!!!! This is just another testament to the spectacular work you guys do.

18. WOW.....just WOW....you guys rock

19. kisam

kisam

OMG! That's beautiful!

20. Big Nick

Big Nick

21. tinmann

tinmann

If "enough" just isn't good enough and "too much" is just right, then this is friggin' perfect!! The SOHC motor is the crowning jewel to a beautifully crafted chassis. I'm looking forward to updates to this build. Has that engine ever run? It looks N.O.S. pristine.

22. TMoney

TMoney

23. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Thanks everyone!

24. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

This one will be a straight up hot rod too. No fancy grill, no weird and unusual headlights. We are going to go with a deuce shell and insert, one of our boxes. I am contemplating a set of pretzel headers like on Lucky Strike and Back Seat Betty though.

25. robleticia

robleticia

26. Cool build......always had a soft spot for all forms of FE engines, this car is going together quite well...
    Thanks for the pictures

27. Jpriebe66

Jpriebe66

Thanks to Kevin and everyone at HRCC for giving life to what I saw in my head! I am the owner of the truck and I assure each of you who expressed concern/doubts, my intention is to DRIVE THE HELL OUT OF THIS LITTLE TRUCK. I hope they recieve the recognition they deserve because if you see this truck at a show it will be parked in the grass with the engine tinging, not inside velvet ropes parked on mirrors. Anyone know how to get melted Radir off the back of a PU cab? I'm just sayin'

28. Ashcraft

Ashcraft
    from Colorado

It's a frikkin' CAMMER! Subscribed.

IIRC, Connie Kalitta drove a top fueler with a blown cammer back in the day.

29. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

I like that! Looks like a wild ride.

30. daddio211

daddio211

And THAT, boys and girls, is what hot rodding is all about! Welcome aboard Jpriebe!