Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods who makes the reproduction wishbones ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bcowanwheels, Jul 11, 2011.

1. bcowanwheels

bcowanwheels

i seen speedway motors and fatman fab are selling some "new" early style split wishbones. these 2 outfits dont make them just sell them. I,am wanting 4 of them "without" the ends that go on front axle and these 2 outfits wont sell me them unless there complete ! if i buy them complete and cut the end off then there to short ! anybody know who actually makes these repro's ? these 2 outfits wont tell me who actually makes them and wont order me a set like i need !!!!!!! go figure >>>>>>
    thanks
    bob

2. 41PICUP

41PICUP

Try Vern Tardel

3. bcowanwheels

bcowanwheels

he doesnt list them on his web site ......

4. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

They probably see it as a potential law suit. If you weld your ends on and something fails......see what I mean.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011

5. bcowanwheels

bcowanwheels

law suit...... ??? i think these folk make them
    industrial metal craft in vegas. gonna call em tomarrow

6. Bobby Franks

Bobby Franks
    BANNED

Industrial Metal Craft makes great ones. Way more money then Speedway
    Sounds like your going to do something stupid with them anyway.
    Why would a retailer (and a big one like Speedway) want some tool
    talking to their contracted manufacturing facility about custom ordering
    2 pairs..Get a grip.

7. Larry T

Larry T

Stretching a couple of springers??

8. bcowanwheels

bcowanwheels

no although i,ve stretched a few in my younger days. i,am wanting to make rear radius rods out of them for my old T bucket. ALSO I dont do "STUPID" things unlike most of the youth of today and refering me as some "TOOL" is very dissrespectful as i,am sure you meant it. you have alot to learn about a lot of things i feel sure.

9. What makes you think Fatman doesn't make them? They are a fabricating shop that makes many parts

10. bcowanwheels

bcowanwheels

when i called them they "had to check" how they was made !!!!! if your a fab shop not welding in a part would be very simple.

11. oj

oj

Why don't you use rear radius rods?

12. bcowanwheels

bcowanwheels

all the ones i have are pitted bad and i,am going to have them chromed so nothing like new and the torque with big tires could be dangerous with the old bones

13. So, because a Sales guy on the phone didn't know how they put them together you assumed they don't make them? Did you get an answer back from them?

14. billthx138

billthx138

Contact Lenny Sr. at So-Cal Las Vegas he may be able to get you the four you need. Don at Industrial Metal Craft makes them and Lenny sells them, maybe you guys can work something out.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  15. bcowanwheels

bcowanwheels

thanks billthx138..... see you,ve been aound too...
    GOD BLESS YOU ALL
    regards
    bob

16. bcowanwheels

bcowanwheels

Don is a superb fella @ ind. Metal craft a gift to real hot rodders.....

17. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

So to get to a source you want, it's always good to trash all the guys who have been building great stuff (such as FatMan) for over 27 years?

You're a pro.

18. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I would trust old 'bones before i trusted new ones, but you are right about chrome, a lot of the old ones are pitted

19. bcowanwheels

bcowanwheels

I havent trashed anybody, not my style, i know speedway subs out this product as they told me so and wouldnt help me in any way. bet the others selling these are just vendors. JMO

20. billthx138

billthx138

So is Don going to take care of you for those bones? I have two sets in stainless steel, one on the roadster and these on the coupe.

Attached Files:

21. bcowanwheels

bcowanwheels

YES I HAVE TOGET SOKE MEAsurements for him. I,am a diabetic and my sugar was real high today so I didnt get to the shop to take the spec's i need. YOURS LOOKS SUPER !!!!!! I cant wait to get mine. you inspired me to get stainless also... this will be the only modification to my old T-bucket since I built it in the mid-late 60's. i built my radius rods out of stainless tube back then but kept cracking on me and now i have a more powerful engine and larger tires as they dont make L60'S now. Sometimes things change and for safety you gotts go with it. wish we was closer BILL I feel we'd be good frends.
    regards
    bob