Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Coolest Car In Tucson Arizona! RIP Rick.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Curly Hand, Apr 21, 2011.

1. bonesy

bonesy

How sad.... RIP

2. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

This car is frikin bad ass

3. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

I really did not know Rick, however I do know that he sure knew how to build hot rods. The guy had excellent taste and knew what a true Hot Rod was. When I saw him roll up in his 34 I was blown away! I said it before and I'll say it again Rick Sipes had the coolest car in Tucson. God Speed Rick, your troubles are over brother. It's all good from now on...

4. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

Very sorry to hear about rick's passing, meet him in phoenix a few years ago.

5. Sorry to hear of his passing. That is one righteous build there. A fine legacy!

6. ArizonaBill

ArizonaBill
    from Arizona

I met Rick a couple of years ago at Don's hot rod shop standing there Bsing with Jay and Donnie.

RIP Rick.

7. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????
    I started reading this thread and ,now WTF.
    I have surgery on Monday so I can attend on tuesday. (no big deal, just off work for a few days). I never met him but I like his work and want to pay respects.
    I had a chopper without front brakes, when.I was a younger man and survived just fine.

8. EARLYHEMIBILL

EARLYHEMIBILL
    from ?

9. Wow... don't know what to say but prayers for his family and God Speed Rick!

10. Jon Lundberg

Jon Lundberg

This is really sad. There are those among us who lead "larger-than-life" existence. Rick was one such. Gone way too soon.

As another tragic aside, Todd Gartshore, the "doer" at Baer Brakes is gone as well under the same conditions. Went to bed Saturday night and just didn't wake-up.

Count your blessings, folks.

11. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Motor on, buddy, motor on. RIP :(

12. chromecarney

chromecarney
    from Tucson, AZ

Ricky Allen Sipes funeral is on Wednesday, June 29, 2011 Viewing will be from 8:30 to 10:30 am at Southlawn Mortuary, 5401 South Park Avenue, Tucson. Burial Service at 10:30 am, internment following service. There will be a friendship gathering at Rick's home at 5 pm. It is a potluck event for those attending.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  13. OK heres what I know for fact as of today....viewing will be from 8:30-10:30 services at 11am at southlawn mortuary 5401 s park,please drive your "car" out of respect for Rick if possible and yeah I know it will be over 110 degrees that day the should have parking for the rods.........later at 5pm the will be a Celabration of Ricks life with a pot luck at his Ranch house,if you knew Rick and want to go talk to me or someone at the services or email/call or PM me..........Damn I am going to miss that smile and the funny emails he sent.......

14. CRAZY!!!!!!!

I just saw him at LA Roadster show in his swap space with the car and talked to him briefly. He was a long time fixture in the Tucson scene and was always about the cars and did not care to much for politics of the car scene. In fact Rick with some other unmentioned people started a really cool car club that all you had todo to join was have a cool car and one day a shirt for this car club would show up in mail and you were in. Rick would never tell who started the club but just did the printing of the shirts. I am very proud to say that I got one these shirts in the mail and everyone once in awhile you would see someone else with the same shirt. Nothing was ever said between members just the fact that you were in. I cannot make the service but hope all those shirts show up in honor of Rick. RIP Rick you will be missed greatly.

15. Yeah.........viva L*** A******................

16. You do not half to edit the name, everyone will see the shirt at some point. just keep the secret on the rest.

17. Yeah it was a VERY proud moment when I got mine

18. Brian W

Brian W

RIP Rick.... I didn't know Rick well, I had just met him on our trip to El Paso. I was impressed that he was driving that car for that distance on its maiden voyage. The car had only been finished only hours before the trip. I took this picture of Rick in the Real McMullen roadster. Again, I had only met Rick the one time, but I had one Hell of a weekend and the memories will be with me forever.

[​IMG]

19. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

man,,,so sad.....RIP.... :(

20. Heres the photo of Rick from the obit on line

Attached Files:

21. Well services were today,and if the turnout says anything about the man Rick was a giant,there musta been about 250 people,along with many rods,race cars and harleys...................ADIOS RICK!

Attached Files:

22. Ron in AZ

Ron in AZ

Was there also today and it was like a car show in the parking lot. That is how he would have liked it too.
    I use to help him on his sprint car back in the 80's and do the out of town road trips with him..... Win lose or draw... with him we alway had a good time.
    As every one at the service had got up and said "he alway enjoyed him self and made people around him smile"....
    What more can we ask for in this life......to enjoy the time at hand with the people around us....!
    Remember that every one... you never know when your time is up.
    And his time was too short....

23. Jon Lundberg

Jon Lundberg

Was there too. The facility was literally overwhelmed with mourners. And they were from all facets of the community. There were suits and shorts, bolo ties and rep ties, dress shirts and tee shirts. Rick was a light that affected many and they showed up to grieve his passing.

Drive on, my friend and Godspeed,

24. Heres some shots from the gathering at his home,many of his freinds and family showed the love and shared great stories .By the way Rick was laughing his ass off about the threads on the no-brakes and the "famous"cup holder make from scrap around his shop just a week before he passed.......the green car was raced by
    Rick and was a winner proven by the big number 1

r

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  25. to da top for the nite guys

26. 33devil

33devil
    from tucson

you need to learn how to drive its safe to to say you have not drivin a real car

27. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

very sad. i like the car with the drink holder too. i would add one thing to it. a buritto shelf. with a small rail around it so the burrito would not roll off.

28. ASIPES

ASIPES
    from Tucson

Thanks to all of my daddy's hot rod friends who have been so supportive of our family during this horrible time. My dad loved his hot rod family so very much. Hard to still walk by the coupe in the garage and not see his smiling face behind the wheel..... Daddy you are missed by so many...and remembered by lots..... I am proud of the man he was and what a friend he was to all

29. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Hahahahaaaaa AWESOME.

RIP Rick

30. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Gees.......