Register now to get rid of these ads!

durango disc brake rear end under my 50 coronet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950coronet600hp, Jul 10, 2011.

1. got a line on a disc brake rear end under an 03 durango. I was looking on the internet and it says that they came with a 9.25 ring gear, will that thing survive being behind a 600hp big block? also is it possible its a different rear? I haven't gone to look at it yet. so. whats everyone's opinions on that diff? and anyone have a good site for I.D.ing late model mopar rear ends? and yeah i know its a 6 lug, that's not a problem.

2. derbyking

derbyking
    from montana

if you get a newer 06 up durango,dakota 9 1/4 itll have 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern. im using a 9.25 in my build behind a 550 hp BB mopar.if i was building a strip car id opt for a mopar 8 3/4 or dana 60,but for a street deal theyll work fine and are easy to find.i added a girdle cover to the rear of mine for a little extra support.

3. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

2004 durango is 5x5.5 pattern it is not a drop out center section

4. so is it only a 9.25 ring gear? or what?

5. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Yes, If it's a 9.25, but the thing looks like a twin to a Dana 60.......pretty brutish size carrier/housing. The Dakota and Durango also came with corporate 8.25 rear ends too, though that should be obvious when looking at it. They all had labels around the axle tube on one side or the other when new. Sometime remnants remain for easy ID.

Ray

6. well its in good shape. its a 9.25 open case (I guess that's mopar speak for one wheel peel) working on a deal to get the whole chassis, and its actually a Dakota, I might look into putting the body on the frame instead, since I am getting the whole thing. we shall see...

7. gonna make an offer today. wish me luck...

8. made an offer and he took it.... so tomorrow I pick it up...