Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 fleetline-build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigbillyrocka, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Bash'n'Weld

Bash'n'Weld

Watching this one, it has huge potential.

2. baremetal48

baremetal48

Love them 4 doors! I'll be watching this one for sure. Here's some pics of mine. Chopped 5", 53 chevy grille surround, 55 desoto grille, 54 chevy tail lights and a 50 pontiac bumper. Good luck with it, i can't wait to see it finished. You dont see many four doors.

Attached Files:

3. kdrodworks316

kdrodworks316
    from idaho

Very sharp ride baremetal, I dig the 54 taillights. Hey Billy, I think you should dump the caddy tailights and go with 54 chevy taillights, I got an extra set ya know.....

4. Bigbillyrocka

Bigbillyrocka

hey KD, still waiting on those tails. ;) lol! @baremetal, your car was actually my inspiration for the 54' tails. came accross it a while back. even before u posted here. its a thing of beauty!

5. Bigbillyrocka

Bigbillyrocka

UPDATE! So I been tinkering with the old girl and have "shaved" off the rain gutters. The rear end (roofline) should start to be tacked in tomorrow if not tonight. Depends how everything goes with house work! Hahaha :p also I have a 292 straight 6 goin in her as soon as I get the main body work done. Can't wait! Pics to come soon!

6. big_jae

big_jae

just subscribed. looking forward to your build up...heres mine

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gave me some good ideas..thanks

7. Bigbillyrocka

Bigbillyrocka

How difficult was that to suicide? Haven't got that far yet but plan on doing the rear doors.

8. big_jae

big_jae

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451530

not my thread. thought this might help out....and i got the ride like this, the doors and hood are not done right at all, and have been sitting outside for 7yrs, needless to say i have alot of work to get done....also do you have any pics or sites were i can find out were to cut the back section of the fleetline (for a chop)...thanks..jason

9. 90ssp

90ssp
    BANNED
    from dallas, ga

look up the thread by stickylifter or my chop thread

10. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

man, I dig the look your going for, it'll be a sweet ride fer sure!:D Here's a couple of pics of mine. Not done much yet. Yeah, I know, OUCH! but she'll be OK. It'll buff out.

Attached Files:

• 381.jpg
      381.jpg
      File size:
      504.3 KB
      Views:
    • 044.jpg
      044.jpg
      File size:
      456.9 KB
      Views: