Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen car @ goodguys in columbus...help!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by punkabilly1306, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

first off, I know this isn't a hamb "friendly" car, but it is still a cool car that the guy has put a lot of work and money into. It was stolen out of their hotel parking lot this weekend after they attended Goodguys in Columbus. It is a '67/'68 Chevelle with candy apple red paint, foose rims, and G6 black leather interior. This car is awesome and we appreciate any help anyone might have in finding the car. If you have any tips, please contact me through here or pm me for phone information!! We've found them before and I know we can do it again!!

Thanks everyone

Bob
    Seth (owner of the car)

[​IMG]

2. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

Damn. That makes two stolen cars. I hope for a speedy return.

3. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

4. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

just don't know what to say any more,this shit is getting outta control,good luck finding your ride

5. Bigbillyrocka

Bigbillyrocka

Beautiful car even in low light condition! One thing my pop always told me was "never mess with someones car, and never touch his money!" I'd beat the bastards silly!!

6. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

this car is awesome in person, and sounds amazing. I cannot believe the low-level scum that walk this planet

7. truckjunky24

truckjunky24

That SUCKS! all these cars got too be going over seas! or going south!! Hope they find them!

8. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

This car is not from Owasso, Oklahoma is it? One in my neighborhood identical to this!

9. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

10. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

no, the guy is from Ohio...northwest Ohio area but was in Columbus for the show

11. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

thank you, I don't know my muscle cars

12. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

tail light say it's a 68. Hope they find it fast..... There is more and more cars being stolen it makes me sick..

13. 54chebby

54chebby
    BANNED
    from Ohio

Was this car in the Clarion hotel across from Bob Evans on Dublin/Granville ? I saw one exactly like it sitting in the parking lot against the building around 7-730. We were staying in the Best Western behind the Clarion. Sorry to hear that it was stolen.

14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

years back a friend of mine had his El Camino stolen from general Parking Lot at a Goodguys Show in Pleasanton, CA. Was within close view of area where everyone pays and walks in. was found later stripped in a field. ya never know. keep an eye on craigslist, etc.

15. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

I get the feeling there are people who go to these shows to steal vehicles and likely have an enclosed trailer to haul them out of town. Easy to get lost in the crowd. A tracking system is about the only way to catch them.

16. SLCK64

SLCK64

A lot of us should be looking into ways to theft deter our cars. Hidden switches, etc etc.

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That has been the general consensus for a while. As the big events draw a lot of cars both the show and parking lots and motel lots the thieves tend to target them. And probably with a shopping list.

18. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

I've always liked a fuel shut off. On a carbureted car, they can move it a little then it dies where somebody will notice. Maybe a timer relay that allows it to run for a couple minutes then die.

How about a bait car?

19. MODELA30

MODELA30

KILL SWITCH EASY TO INSTALL AND IT WORKS IF THE GUY DOES NOT KNOW WERE IT IS!!!!!! Knuck From Indiana.

20. tcb-1

tcb-1

big shows seem to be a target for these thieving assholes. more nice cars that are driving around, going in and out of the trailers, just makes easier targets.

nice 'Velle. probably going South, or to a port of entry near you.....

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  21. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

This is getting very out of control all over the country.

I now have friends who when they drive to Shades of Past and other shows sleep in their car or trailer with a gun handy.

I have seen some of the guys who thought their hotel or motel was safe because they have security guards at the entrance to the parking area who stop every car and they still some how took their car right under the security guards nose!!

Even the drag racers are getting hit hard.

I have a friend who has a Freightliner cab with a 53' trailer when he when he asked to ride with him first he told me we must install the starter motor in the engine.

I thought he was kidding until he flipped open the fiberglass front end!!!!!!

He told me it what you have to do now to slow the crooks down.

Jimbo

22. Andy

Andy

I have a home made club made of 1/2" plate that goes on the differential yoke. They would have to drag it or pick it up to move it. They can't get under it with bolt cutters to cut the 3/8 lock. People laugh at me when I put it on. I sleep better.

23. RAY With

RAY With

It will get worse before it gets any better and the law is so over loaded they don't give a shit. About all you can do is keep your eyes open and try to locate it before it gets shiped out or parted out. Sorry to hear another one has been stolen.

24. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

CRAP! I honestly thought with all the posts on here about stolen cars that it was a Cali or Texas problem for the most part. The mid west is just as bad i guess. Eyes open in the Indy area.

25. ohiohotrods

ohiohotrods

a guy in our club was staying at the clarion where this car was stolen from and the cop who responded told the people that were on the scene that 12 cars were stolen this year and he asked the cop if he meant 12 regular cars or 12 hotrods and the cop said 12 hotrods.scary!!

26. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

12!!! That is horrible

27. tig master

tig master
    from up north

Time for gps systems

28. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I really feel for the guy, but we need to stay focused on traditional hot rods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.