Register now to get rid of these ads!

go for a ride??? mans best co-pilots...lost the last of my boys this past week...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topolino Kid, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. well for the few of you that have been over to my garage, you have meet Alpha..aka Alphie-Moto.....he was the last of my pups...half shari pei and half rottweiler....he joined his mom , dad, and brother out in my puppy graveyard this past thur nite at 6:30 pm...

never in all my life have i felt so alone....i've had Alphie at my side for 8 years,,,he watched his mom, then brother and his dad get laid down in the grave,,,every way i turn, he should be there...but isn't...hardest of all of them that i had to bury....

i've had a dog walking with me thru my entire life...my rot was the girl to finally give me some pups...i've tried breeding several of my dogs thru the years without success....then finally the big pay off...."dad's heard of fur" as the 5 of them came to be know as....they all are dearly missed and were loved without reserve....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. new putter ...screwed up the size of his pic....anyone resize it for me???

3. So sorry to hear about your loss......I have a 3 year old English bulldog .When it's cooler he goes everywhere with me...... I can't even imagine the pain of losing him nor what you're going through.

Time heals all pain, stay strong my friend.

4. BashingTin

BashingTin

So sorry to hear about the loss of your pal. My wife and I have lost a few furry four legged kids over the years. It's never easy.

David

5. Redbows35panel

Redbows35panel

Sorry for your loss. Next to one of your kids a wonderful four legged friend is about the worst. Get tired of my shadow always being in the way, but will miss him when he crosses the Rainbow Bridge. Now go rescue an older guy, they seem to appreciate you so much.:)

6. NYfatboy

NYfatboy

I feel for you,I lost my 16 year old beagle 7 months ago, I said no more dogs, hate losing them. My son said I was a grumpy old bastard and got me this guy two weeks ago! He was right, my heart needed a new friend,when you are ready get yourself a new dog.

Attached Files:

61Cruiser and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. SLCK64

SLCK64

I put my vote to, when you are ready, rescue a dog from your local shelter. They were once loved, some of them never, and then "thrown" away. Sure it will never replace the memories you have of your herd but could ease the pain and help a four legged friend.

Hang in there man!! :)

8. Keep

Keep

Sorry for your loss, always hurts losing a buddy. Just think on the good times. Then as others have suggested go rescue a pup and give another a great life.

61Cruiser likes this.
  9. lorodz

lorodz

sorry for your loss. i had a close call this year with my dog ( chopper ) a couple thousand dollers later and he is doing good ..

10. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Sorry for your loss man, we just had to put ours down in April because he had "CANCER"... We see him everywhere and I'm sure you see yours everywhere to. It does get better with time but some little thing will bring it all back to you from time to time to make us/you realize just how special they are/were to us. Get yourself another one because they will love you unconditionally. I know your pain......

61Cruiser likes this.
  11. Deuces

Deuces

How could you say no to those puppy dog eyes??? ;) He's beautiful! :)

12. fbama73

fbama73

That's a great looking Beagle seed!

13. Gman0046

Gman0046

Sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel. Lost my best friend a female black Lab 2 1/2 years ago and think of her constantly.

14. Old&Low

Old&Low

I guess we can all relate to you losing your "Alpha." Large breed dogs especially don't last much more than 12 years, and you having yours only 8 definitely doesn't seem like enough time to share with him. We had a big White Shephard named Sony that we had as our constant companion for 17 years, had the same Vet all of his life, and when we had to put him to sleep because of the 'last' sickness and pain he was in our Vet and his nurse came in on a Sunday free of charge to help us say goodbye to him. All four of us were crying when he took his last breath. It took a year before we could even imagine getting another pup, and it was a very lonely year. We finally got another White Shephard, "Hot Rod" who is 3 now, and a year ago one of his cousins, "Miss Eleanor" or Ellie as we call her. We still miss Sony and he'll be in our memories always, but the unconditional love and loyalty of another dog's heart will get you through the loss of the one's that came before him. When you're ready, go out and get another 'Best friend." All the best to you.

15. losing a dog is losing a family member and always very tough....... bummer

16. I'm sorry for your loss and the pain that it brings. I know how it feels. Try to focus on the good times you had together.

17. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

I know how you feel, My English Bull "DEUCE" climed into my bed 6 AM friday morning and 20 minutes later she was gone....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  18. sorry for your loss....many have heard me say about the three strays I've taken in at my shop....don't fear my stuff getting stolen....just don't hurt my kids....maybe a stray will come your way....

PICT0023.JPG

19. Nitro crew chief

Nitro crew chief
    from Illinois

I'm very sorry for your loss, dogs are our family, those that don't think so have never felt the love a dog can give us. Give it time and you will know when it is time to get a new pal.

20. Deuces

Deuces

We got our black Chow "Shelby" as a rescue.. We found a bungie cord wrapped tight around her neck when we first got her and she only weighed in at 29 pounds... I don't know why they did that to her but it sure pissed me off!! :mad:
    She's doing great now days and she doubled her weight to 60 pounds and very healthy.. :)

21. SLCK64

SLCK64

Whoa.....What happened? Like gone gone?

22. Sorry for your loss - we lost Mika a little over a year ago and it still hurts :(

Steve

23. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Sorry for your loss.

24. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

I'm sorry for your loss, I had a Rottie "Sampson" and he lived to be 9 and had to be put down due to hip dysplasia ,They are a great breed of dog and very loyal.

25. Fogger

Fogger

Dogs are a lot more than a four legged, furry, animal. They are a spirit and devoted family member. We've always rescued our dogs either from shelters or ads in the local paper. The last one we put down was 15 years old, a golden retriever-pit, hit us all very hard and didn't think I'd want another. But my daughter insisted we rescue a pup, so got a lab-border collie. Anyone who has loved dogs has to adopt another when the loss happens. I sincerely feel your loss and hope you find a new buddy.

Bill Nabors likes this.
  26. SuddenDeath

SuddenDeath
    from Florida

Very sorry for your loss. We lost our Maggie about 2 1/2 years ago. Took just over 2 years to get over that, but a few months ago we adopted another Black and Tan Coonhound. Named her "Annabel Lee" after the Edgar Allan Poe poem. Just seemed to fit and turns out it was perfect. Looked up the meaning of Annabel and it was "easy to love" and she certainly is. I call her "velcro dog", since she goes everywhere I go and can't stand it if I'm out of her sight.

It'll take awhile, but another one will find you...when you least expect it and you'll know its right...

27. thanks, guys.....Alphie went 2 years past his dad who was almost 7,,,,died at the same time of day ,,,,,Sampson, Alphie's brother went the year before that at age 5...3 years before that, the momma, Casey, my rott, died at 7 years....been along time since i didn't have a pup following me around...

and there was 4 prior to that that didn't get a very long shot at life....

have rescued a few from the pound over the years, tooo......but this crew was a bit different...raising a family of large dogs and the way they turn out was different then just having a single dog....

like i said, thanks for the condolences.....

going to see if i can find Alphie's sister this week...gave her to a friend at 6 months...got tired of the heat from the wife over too many dogs...there wasn;t any room in the bed for her back then:rolleyes:.....lost contact in the last 6 months..but hey this is a really, really small town....i find her i'll post her pic..

28. Tony

Tony

I'm very sorry for your loss.
    At just shy of 2 years old now, my German Shepherd, Terra, has become my best friend and is with me ALL the time since she was 8 weeks old when i picked her up from the breeder, so i know how connected we become and how much they mean to us.
    Not just an animal, without a doubt family.
    I feel for ya, and just don't know what to else to say. :(

Tony

29. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Here's a pic of Jasper, my brother's co-pilot. He's been gone a couple of years now. He was a real good buddy. :(

[​IMG]

Here's the new guy trying to take he's place. His name is Finnegan. What a comedian he is :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. OhioRiv

OhioRiv

First ride in the 32 for Sydney, 11 year old Australian Sheperd/Lab mix. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.