Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1961 Buick Special Wagon roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratz, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smooth move exlax

2. billylo

billylo

NO JOKE!!!!! I think I threw up a little........

3. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

fucking stupid. Your mother must be so proud.

4. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

5. leocad

leocad
    from LA, CA

Special takes on a new definition on this one.

Reading the title of the post I knew this could only be horrible. It would be very difficult to turn a wagon into a roadster and it not look like a circus car?

Of course its from an FNG, I think there should be a probationary period from the time you join and post your intro to the time you can post your project. This would include a test that you would have to pass that would decide if you understand what HAMB is about and not about. Its probably far fetched and wont happen but its an idea.:cool:

The main problem here, isnt that there are a lot of people that have no taste, its that they choose to post it on the HAMB and dont understand why its not the right place for crap like this. .02

6. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

It could be kinda neat with the right mods. I'd paint it apple green with metal flake and white scallops. I would then replace that awful interior with some nice white pleated interior. Get some old school chrome rims and lower it and put some chrome tips on the exhaust.

7. i feel better about myself now, thank you.

8. nor cal nic

nor cal nic

9. kustomrodder53

kustomrodder53

Maybe a camper shell. That would be pimp.

10. hemifarris

hemifarris

Great advice....invest another $20,000 in it so it will be worth $175.00 instead of nothing but scrap price. Ugly advice as well......just my opinion :)

11. brewster55

brewster55

paint the wheels red!!!

12. hemifarris

hemifarris

My feelings regarding this post.........He ain't no Ed"Big Daddy" Roth, Darryl Starbird nor any true, avante guard stylist/customizer. I'm not saying that you need to wake up and smell the gasoline........You just need to wake up.....:confused:

13. TheSatchmo

TheSatchmo

I think Bloody said it best. This place is kinda sacred ground to a lot of us (even those who tend to only lurk for the most part). I know we are not here to beat up on people for their different tastes, but there is one thing most of us can agree on. Keep the damn rats outside...

BTW Loving the buick

14. rustyangels

rustyangels

Hmmm ..this view reminds me of the little tykes sand box
    [​IMG]

15. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Krylon on some wide white walls....

16. Little Terry

Little Terry

Take it to the scrap man and start again. That's my advice.

17. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

STRANGE AGENT, perhaps if you want all things PROPER on this forum, kindly
    place your "for sale" items to the Classifieds as you should. Just saying.

18. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I wish these people who bang on about redefining tradition,future tradition blah blah blah would just fuck off.
    Paul

19. retromotors

retromotors

Brought to you by:
    The Ray Charles/Helen Keller/Jose Feliciano School of Automotive Design.

20. Damnit, I enjoyed that lunch why the f@ck did you have to make me throw it up!

21. You chose to do this,,

[​IMG]

Instead of investing some time and ending up with something along these lines,,

[​IMG]

This is part of what the Hamb is about,this kind of problem has been addressed too many times to count and the accomplishments from both pro builders and novice builders have been nothing more than amazing.

Cuting the top off just because you can doesn't mean you should.:rolleyes: HRP

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  22. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

I still consider myself an fng, so maybe someone can explain this to me: I thought the H.A.M.B. was about old school rides and originality? As well as a great place for information. It looks like this guy took what he had and made it work on a budget, more or less what I thought was the basic idea of hot rodding. I don't care for how it looks either, but why be so hateful towards it?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  23. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Is a topless wagon a Phaeton? It needs 24's. World's first Donker Rat. Gary

24. badshifter

badshifter

Boy you are an FNG. The HAMB is Traditional Hot Rods and Customs, pre 64. NOT old school rides and originality. It is a great place for information, which is why it annoys the crap out of so many to see work like this being done. Crack heads have a budget too. Just because they sit in parking lots taking apart old electronic items with a screwdriver, should they be praised for their work? The hate for me is in seeing another old car wasted. And before you ask, yes, I have saved an old POS 4 door wagon and had great results. And it didn't involve cutting the roof off and welding it into one big chunk of charcoal colored crud.

25. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Tasteless, tacky, waste of a vintage automobile. All you guys trying to defend this, should find a new forum. This is not what we do here. And you know it.

26. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Theo not like.

Attached Files:

27. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Did someone above say circus car?

Attached Files:

28. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

I thought the basic idea behind Customs was originality, but obviously I'm mistaken, and I'm ok with that. And I'm not saying we should praise the guy for his work at all, I think the thing is pretty awful. 90% of the time when you see a convertible it's because someone screwed up a chop. I also see nothing wrong with restoring old POS rides either, that's what I'm doing with my panel. I guess the reason I made my original post is because I think that if someone hates a thread so much, it would be better to just ignore it. The reason I use the H.A.M.B. is because for the most part, it's full of great people with lots of good information and input. I think threads like this that are full of degrading comments make us look bad as a group.

29. Goob333

Goob333

Wheres the guy who always says this is not HAMB friendly?...cause Im not gonna be that guy......the hell I wont.

30. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

guys like you would ignore the turd in the punchbowl and continue to drink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.