Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good shows for the "Roswell Rod"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FRITZ, May 2, 2005.

1. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

So now that I have the car done, Anyone have any suggestions as to what car shows i should drag it to this summer? Keep in mind im on Long Island and have to get through Gotham city to get anywhere. Im open to just about anything , try me.

2. Clark

Clark

The Jalopy showdown is a great traditional show. Something I would highly doubt you would get involved with is laps around the old dirt track. It's a blast. The show should bring in a couple hundred cars.

An added attraction is the Eastern Museum of Racing is at the same place. You can spend hours just checking it out.

I'm sure you've heard about the Road Agents show. Another great show for traditional cars. Just like the showdown they have a guy at the gate and if the car is not traditional it doesn't get in.

Hopefully the bad weather and the football nuts didn't ruin your time at the spring Hoedown event. The fall event is better and usually doen't get rained on.

There are some other smaller events and there are the non traditional shows that are cool. Goodguys Columbus just to name one.

Do you drive the car? Not saying you have to drive it down, but I like the Daytona Turkey run over Thanksgiving weekend. It's not a traditional only event, but it's just cool being in Florida cruising around when it's cold up here and the shows are done for the year.
    Clark

3. hatch

hatch
    from house

Frankenmuth mich....you can cut through canada(niagara falls to sarnia) to get there. Its in early sept and gets my vote for the best show in michigan. If you bring a friend or "significant other", Frankenmuth is a great town for shopping...eating...and drinking. Friday nite they shut the main drag down and usually 2000 or so cars show up. They hire ten or twelve different bands and you can choose which music you like by walking a couple of blocks. Sat and Sun are the days for the show. I'm not much on awards at car shows, (even though I help pick the winners at this one)....the awards are traditional german beer steins.....we see plates from all over...new york, georgia...etc......hatch

4. Justin B

Justin B

little bit of a drive, but seeing it at paso would be great

5. bigron

bigron

how about the nostalgia drags in bowling green kentucky? good time lot's of cool rides. jun16-19th.

6. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

You should shadow Moriarity - that way I can see both of your cars at the same show.....So I'm lazy, so what - it makes it easier on me and that's what's important. :)

He's going to be here: http://www.rocknrodson66.com/exhibits.htm#roth

It's a start anyways....

Let me finally say that I saw pics of your car done and I couldn't fucking believe my eyes. First I have been waiting forever to see you finish it, second it turned out far cooler than I had dreamed it would. Fucking fantastic. I have asked you a few questions before concerning the bubbles. I will be asking more questions iin the future concerning design and implication....

Seriously, seeing those rough W.I.P. pics for all of that time then seeing the finished car - wow. You are a RULER - Now I will have to start stalking you too...er. I mean WATCHING you....uhh,,keeping my eye on..

Don't be scared.

:)

7. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

My favorites...KKOA sledscene East, June, Gettysburg, PA
    Leadsled spectacular...tho it's in Kansas this year...
    Lead East, Labor Day, Parsipanny, NJ
    Road Agents, Hartford Conn.

8. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

the Hunnert Car Pile up in Illinois in Ocotber

9. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Bring it to the Rumblers show in Brooklyn in August, not too far, but seeing as how the show's under the BQE it won't get the light it deserves to burn people's retinas out.

10. The Harpoon

The Harpoon

How 'bout the Hot Rod Power Tour, or the R&C Asphault ego-rama you'll get my vote!!!

11. Plowboy

Plowboy

How about the Street rod nationals in Louisville? It is the same weekend as the rock-n-rods thing but I hope to hit both. I don't know how big of a show that rock-n-rods thing will end up being. Being in central IL, I am pretty sure it will suck except for the Roth cars.

A lot of people are "too cool" to go to the Nats but I always have a good time. Those people down there didn't really know what to think of the spacetruck so you would really blow their minds. It would be cool if they refused to let you in, just like Roth. Just tell them that at least you MADE your fiberglass body. Ha Ha Ha.

Knowing that you have a weakness for malted beverage, like me, I know you would have fun there.

Goodguys Indy or Columbus would be a good one too. Maybe Boyd would give you a pro's pick.:D I know I will be at Indy, but work usually keeps me from Columbus.

The pileup would be a good one too. But it is pretty much the last one of the year.

Then of course there is California...........

12. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

Looks like the Rumblers are putting on a show in CT this year, too.

http://www.rumblersnomads.com/main.htm

13. PRoz

PRoz

Gee , I didn't know I had a finished rod .

When can I pick it up :)