Register now to get rid of these ads!

Broken shock eyelet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nulbmanager, Jul 8, 2011.

1. nulbmanager

nulbmanager

Hey guys needed an outside opinion for a cause. I have a pair of chrome proshocks on the front of my T Bucket and I noticed the other day that the I could see the shaft of one shock but not the other and realized that the bottom eyelet on one of the shocks had busted off of the body. Curious what you all may think the cause of this would be? I sort of thought that the lower mount was not parallel to the top mount? Any input would be great.

2. bottoming out? how much travel do you have between ride height and bottoming?

3. nulbmanager

nulbmanager

Not very much, that was a thought as well, maybe a coupe inches.

4. sounds like that mite be the ticket. may need some shorter shocks or move your upper mounts

5. Fenders

Fenders

Eyelets top and bottom? I have thought about this and don't think the mounting bolts in the upper and lower eyelets have to be absolutely parallel. Close should be good enough.

'Course I could be wrong....

6. Fenders

Fenders

Couple inches of compression should be Ok.
    Even if it bottomed I'd guess the problem was poor manufacture.

7. nulbmanager

nulbmanager

I've got some shorter shocks from SoCal on the way...thanks for all the input.