Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for pics.Somebody's got to have some....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NH Gearhead, Oct 8, 2009.

1. NH Gearhead

NH Gearhead

Hi all,I've been looking for years for pics of anything related to D and D Performance Center in Bristol CT.I moved away from that area in the early 70's and lost track.
    Much to my suprise a pic was posted in the "Drag cars in motion"thread of their stars and stripes 57 Vette drag car on the line at CT. Dragway (that car later was destroyed in a trailer fire).
    The Vette was replaced with a white Vega called "Love American Style".
    As a kid,I used to ride my bike across town to drool over that car and the cool stuff in the showroom.They had a fleet of bright red/orange 55 Chevy pickups and panels for delivery trucks.A pretty cool place to hang out and be that pesky kid.
    Thanks for any help,
    Chris

2. hiserjr

hiserjr
    from atlanta

My father painted the stars and stripes better.And many other cars while he ran the body shop. I have many pics of that car . Thanks. His name is Gary hiser

3. hiserjr

hiserjr
    from atlanta

I ment he painted the 57 stars and stripes vette

4. NH Gearhead

NH Gearhead

You're father is a very talented man.That paint job was beautiful!
    Is there any chance you could scan the pics and e-mail them to me?
    Or post them here?
    I probably saw a lot of your father's work around Bristol when I as a kid.
    Any D and D related pics you'd be willing to share would be awesome.

5. hiserjr

hiserjr
    from atlanta

I don't have a scanner . But I could see what I can do. I have about 20 pics of different cars that were done at D and D back in the early 70s . They closed down around 72 . It was owed by two brothers. Jerry Duhane and his other brother . Forgot his name. Jerry past away back in 1998 in Arizona or California . He was only 55 . I'll work on some pics