Register now to get rid of these ads!

She's come a long way......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Clark, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Clark I think this is your best ride yet....can't wait to see it done.

2. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

About bloody time that thing was in paint!!!!!! You could have painted your RPU another half dozen times!!
    It just looks so "right". 'kin amazing job clark, well done mate.I look forward to seeing it.
    Cheers.
    Stewart.

3. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

lookin' good !! i tried to get out today but got busy @ work, ha ha i wish the caddy was that far ,but i do see the thread started in 09,hey good things take time !! are you going for a thrash to put it together ?

4. lorodz

lorodz

like the color keep at it ..

5. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

wow---very impressive

6. That is nice! I Love how that came out. Thanks for posting.:)

7. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

8. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Sweet! My first thought when I saw that you had put windows in the rear sides was remembering as a kid riding in my dads short chevy van without the side windows, standing behind him pulling on the back of his seat just to see out his window,well at least till he would tell me to "Sit down and quit pulling on his seat".:mad:........:D:D:D
    It really looks cool and Im sure all your passengers will appreciate what youve done;)

9. twink

twink

Clark you are one talented dude!

10. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

That is sweeeeeet!

11. jdubbya

jdubbya

I like the color alot, should be a real nice looking ride when its done. -Joe

12. roadapes01

roadapes01
    from gray ga

Looks awsome!!!!!

13. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Nice ride, color combo just works.
    I'll be whatching this one for sure!

14. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

15. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Cool color. Really dig the creme door jams.

16. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

you finally got paint on it.. congrats. I know you were dragging with this one..

17. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Hats off, Clark! Never saw this thread....really cool project and execution!

18. Clark

Clark

Yeah...this one has been holding me down big time. It has been a ton of work but hopefully it's on the downhill now.

No thrash to get it done. Money is short right now. Hoping to have it done in September.
    Clark

19. Clark

Clark

HRM2K...I thought blue was the only color! :)
    Clark

20. pistinbroke

pistinbroke

Hey Clark, any detail shots of the work in the "third" door?? It's a really neet idea. I would love to see the fab work that went into it. Must have been a real head ach to sort out.... Truck looks fantastic, what chassis did you use, doesn't look stock in the paint booth pic, but then again, there isn't much to be seen with the plastic covering the front horns. Again, looks great!!!! Fantastic work!!!

21. Clark

Clark

Attached Files:

22. pistinbroke

pistinbroke

Wow, I guess the title is right!! It has come a long way..... Your a mad man in the metal working dept!!! So, the third door is a full size top and fitted to the contour of the wheel well?? I wonder how much more work it would have been to have the third door open as a suiside (SP?) door.. Amazing work for sure. I really like the grill area work as well. Very talented indeed!!

23. Clark

Clark

One of the ideas was to make a suicide third door that the jamb opened with the door. Like a new truck has. Problem is the door had to be full length to get the window the right size.

Clark

24. pistinbroke

pistinbroke

Ofcourse, and it would look funny if it was streached to add strength, as it would throw off the dimnsions of the door / window placement. It is an interesting mod and must make entry to the second seat a lot better. Did you lose much floor space with the kick up on the chassis?? Or does the second seat fit in before the rise in the frame?
    Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Your work is a true insperation.

25. Clark

Clark

I forgot to mention it's on an s-10 chassis now. The kick up is more than the stock chassis. It was a tight fit but the seat sorta works with the kick up and infront of it. There is a crossmember that sticks up a little and dictated a step in the floor. The seat sits right against that step.

The third door was more out of need than style. The back seat would be too hard to get to and useless without the door. I made enough work for myself with the rest of the truck.
    Clark

26. pistinbroke

pistinbroke

A very intersting build Clark. Thanks for taking the time to post answers to my questions, and for posting the build info for all of us to see in the first place.
    I have been tossing the idea of using that same chassis for my other truck, a Canadian 50 Merc panel, but it's a little ways away from even being called a truck, yet.
    I have a long box extended cab chassis, and it looks like a great fit for this swap, but perliminary measurments lead me to beleive that I would lose somewhere between 5 and 8 inchs out of the back floor area. The third seat is a must for this truck to, as it will haul three to five people regularly to shows ect when it's done. Good to hear the rear seat will fit in there before the kick up.

27. Clark

Clark

I can measure how much I lost due to the kick up. You don't have to lose as much as I did. You could raise the body up off of the frame. This thing will sit low without lowered springs or spindles.
    I used a regular cab long wheelbase. I did change the location of the rear. Not sure how much. Your kick up should start a little farther back than this one. Might help a bit.

I wanted to make the back seat fold down. It didn't happen with all the other work I did. Find the right seat out of a stationwagon and you may get a seat that disapears.
    Clark

28. pistinbroke

pistinbroke

I am hopping that the seat wil disappear when folded down, but just in case I got a seat from a Dodge mini van that can be pulled out. Hope it works out, we will see... I planned on placing the body four inchs above the frame behind the engine. Looks like I could use the tops of the first bed mounts as the front cab mounts. cut the tops off and move them to the front of the cab and flip them side to side, from there it will need to be all fab work to get it together. What did you use for the floor bracing, or did you still have a decent original brace. Mine is toast, but enough left to use as a guild to make a new one. I was thinking that 2x2 .125 wall square stock might be good material to use for the braces...

29. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I really like this build, did you make your own door skins or are they repops?

30. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Man, when you get done with this, you could do something crazy like a, oh I don't know....a Metropolitan?!