Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy from mideast Iowa

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by audio_mekanik, Jul 7, 2011.

1. audio_mekanik

audio_mekanik

So the closest thing I have to a Jalopy is a 66 charger. I know not quite 'right' for that description. I have been lurking on this site for over 2 years. I want to say thanks for all the great articles I read. I also love just perusing thru the classifieds section to see what is available, even if I am not in the market right now you never know:) The reason for post is: I inherited a set of pistons, or maybe 2 sets of pistons (8 total) and I have no idea what they are for. I am wondering if the experts here would be able to point me in the right direction. I am sorry if I post this in the introduction thread, but not quite sure where it should go.

These pistons are t-slot aluminum flat tops. The shipping tag thru USPS is dated Feb-2-'46. I have attached a couple pictures of them. the numbers cast into the bottom of the pistons are 119 on one box and 145 on the other box. They are approx. 3 7/8" across (I don't have a micrometer to measure them). There was a small package included in one of the boxes that included some piston pin clips (not sure if that is the proper term) that is marked 'LR-64 Ford A&B'

Any help would be appreciated. I know that all the minds here cover vast amounts of information that even Google can't touch;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I also have an awesome Riley Racing Carburetor that came with the pistons. That one is going to sit on the shelf with my other niknaks:p

I have also included a picture of my Charger just because, I know not Jalopy material but hey who doesn't like pictures:D Did I mention that I am redoing it right now. still Waiting on the poly 318 to come back.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Welcome from Independence, but I dont know what the pistons are for!

Brad

3. Master of None

Master of None

welcome from Rockwell city, Ia

4. 95stepside

95stepside
    from iowa

welcome from the dubuque area!

5. Welcome from CT. I like the Box!

6. monkeywrenching

monkeywrenching
    from maryland

Welcome from Maryland!

7. A big welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Des Moines!

8. audio_mekanik

audio_mekanik

Thanks for the welcome! I don't know how many times I have impressed my friends with my "knowledge" about many things automotive. I hope that they never find my source:)

9. Wally

Wally
    from Iowa

Hello from Northwest Iowa!

10. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

hey - audio mekanik - you should come on over to Cordova Aug 6
    not too far away from ya

11. out plowing

out plowing

Welcome From Waverly, IA