Register now to get rid of these ads!

NY junkyard finds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john56h, Nov 22, 2007.

1. john56h

john56h

Visited Brim Recycling in Cuddebackville, NY. I wasn't expecting any vintage tin as it is primarily a scrap operation....but they had a few older cars. Here's some pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. It's worth keeping an eye on these yards, sometimes they get oldies. My one Hudson came out of a late model scrap place - it's not the greatest but I was able to flat tow it home for $300.

3. 66cadillac

66cadillac
    from So. Cal

get me those headlight rings on that wagon =)

4. john56h

john56h

This one's coming home with me....future vintage stock car body. 1935 Chevrolet 2 door sedan.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I had to pay a bit more than I wanted to...but couldn't stand the thought that it might end up crushed after surviving 72 years. At least it's close to home, so when figuring in the cost of gas to buy a car further away...I'm doing OK.

5. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

So whats the word with this stuff? All junk? Buyable? I see a shoebox in there...

How far from Jersey? If you dont mind, what was the ballpark on the car you bought? ie....is this kat total outer space on his/her pricing?

6. john56h

john56h

When I asked if he wanted to sell the 35 Chevy, his response was "everything here is for sale". I asked how much he'd want for it and he said "make me an offer". I offered $300, to which he responded "I'd get at least $200 just for scrap metal....I'd have to get $500". I was hoping a $400 offer would be accepted, but he held strong on $500.

Cuddebackville is about 20 miles North of Port Jervis on route 209. Port Jervis is right at the tri-state border of NY, NJ and PA.

7. john56h

john56h

8. Tony

Tony

Is that black chevy actually buried up to the hub's or is there a lot of debris on the ground (like what's on the hood)??
    If it's to the hub's she's sure been sitting there a while.

9. john56h

john56h

Lots of leaves and pine needles....but yeah, it's been there a long time too.

10. john56h

john56h

11. john56h

john56h

12. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

get that sunvisor !!!!-hey tony how have u been man

13. That 54 plymouth wagon is awesome. I might go check it out. need a family car soon. the wife and i are thinking about having a child.

hey 66cadillac. I got a few pairs of headlight rings. What size you looking for?

14. slammed

slammed

The bucket's and rear seat in the T-Bird! Keep working the guy mabe a package deal will come your way.

15. joebuick

joebuick

the tow truck is awesome if i could figure out a way to get it back to wisconsin without going broke i would be interested in it

16. john56h

john56h

The Plymouth Wagon is neat...2 door and fairly straight & complete. But it is very rusty. Would be hard to restore.

17. john56h

john56h

Here's a few others...a little off topic, but still cool:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

O yeah...there was 1960 Ford too, that I didn't get a picture of.

18. John, check your PM's -

19. john56h

john56h

20. Having sold a '54 Plymouth convertible, they do make all the panels to repair one of those - floors, rockers, quarters, doorskins, the works....

21. alex42chevy

alex42chevy
    from california

do you sale parts....please let me know, i see something i need... thank you.

22. Jimv

Jimv

Steering wheels on those british cars are cool, check em out.Worth grabbing.
    I think i use to go to cuddebackville to race go carts in the 60's!!i think, lotta drugs & years since then!!
    JimV
    PS might have been clintondale!!lol

23. smarg

smarg

24. I Drag

I Drag

I assume you can walk the yard there...I only ask because I can no longer do that at any yards east of the Hudson.

25. Iwas lookin for a 35 chev coach for my dirt modified which I'm making into a vintage stock car. I settled for a 62 Falcon body. Where you gonna run yours? Hank

26. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

I spy a mustang II with a 8 inch 3.45 trac lok rear.

27. DPDISXR4Ti

DPDISXR4Ti
    from New York

First time poster - found this thread when looking for info on B.R.I.M. Recyclers - stopped by today for the first time, on the way home from MMC.

Any way, I saw some of the older cars pictured here, but only about half. Some have been moved - the two MG's are in the far northwest corner of the property with the Land Rovers.

I'm sure it varies, but prices are about 3X what you'd pay at a typical U-Pull-It - i.e. $100 for a bumper vs. $30 in PA. Also, cars are packed in really tightly, mostly all on the ground, with many stacked on top of each other.

Nice to have a U-Pull-It yard somewhat nearby, but I'll still be making trips every now and then to PA.

28. 1959apache

1959apache

decent year MG's... at least they are functioning as they were designed (in a junk yard)....

29. joel torres

joel torres

30. DPDISXR4Ti

DPDISXR4Ti
    from New York

You have x-ray vision? :D The Mustang II is gone, but the two older cars in front of it are still there - roofs are crushed in, so I suspect they'll probably die there. Anyone know what they are? I'm not good with the stuff before my time.