Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best soundeadening material

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Colinm, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Colinm

Colinm

What's the best material to use on the inside floor boards,roof, etc in my 54 chevy to keep it quiet and tight sounding?

I've heard of many types of things but anyone have some experience out there with something great?

Thanks

Colin from HB, ca

2. skyrodder

skyrodder

3. shocker998md

shocker998md

I used FatMat on my F100. It worked alright, I dont know if it was the best but I got a deal on it.

4. Dynamat's pretty good but as pricey as hell.

5. www.sounddeadenershowdown.com

This guys prices are reasonable and his product is good.

www.cascadeaudio.com

This company has great customer service and a wide variety of products (sludge, noise barriers, thermal barriers, etc...)

Whatever you go with, make sure you follow the directions.

6. I used HushMat, it's just like Dynamat just a little cheaper price wise.

7. I've heard of folks using the asphalt (?) based stuff you seal roof valleys with. A peel and stick product found in the roofing section (duh) at Home Depot or Lowe's. I haven't tried it yet, myself.
    Did you 'search' for a thread on this ? Just sayin' I may have read it here, somewhere...

8. Yip it sure does work, a mate of mine used it on the inside of his roof on his falcon hardtop a few months back, it sticks like crazy and works good.

9. millersgarage

millersgarage

I used FatMat. Very happy with it. I went with their Rattle Trap version at 80 mils thick. Super sticky.

Bought the 100 square foot package for about $130. It comes with a wooden roller (amazed that the roller said Made in USA on it) and knife.

BTW 100 sq ft is way more than you need....

10. Eastwood sells a product similar to Dynamat but is somewhat cheaper. I am using it in the '32 pickup I'm putting together. It is easy to work with and goes on well so I'll be curious to see how it does when I get this thing completed. Very soon I hope

11. marcello7x

marcello7x
    from Boston

I used this on the floor of my 72 buick. Not as sound deadening as i would have hoped, but it did work a bit. Also kept water from coming into the tiny pin holes:D

12. Copy Cop

Copy Cop

i was just planning on rhino lining my floorboard, it's pricey but works amazingly well

13. ryno

ryno

x2..

14. troylee

troylee

Lizzard skin. Both ceramic and sound. and hush matt.

15. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Xs @ on it, works great and no odor.

16. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

OOPS, meant to say Xs 2

17. Fleetliner

Fleetliner
    from Oregon

I am going to be using this product when I get to that point. We are just about to try it on a car from our club so I will have some hands on knowledge. It is supposed to be much like lizzard skin but at a better price. It also adds in the benifit of rust encapsulation. In their description they say it is used on bridges to seal in rust. Here is the link.
    http://www.metalshield.com/

18. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

I just did a car with the Eastwood product. Everything is cool and quiet now.:)

19. Gusaroo

Gusaroo

You can do that, as long as its butyl based (not asphault). Asphault based roofing products will melt, slide and stink in the heat. Grace Ultra is a butyl based product. I suspect alot of these pricey sound deadeners are just repackaged and rebranded butyl based roofing products.