Register now to get rid of these ads!

Heading to the Lone Star State from way down south

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gman34, Jul 7, 2011.

1. gman34

gman34

Hey HAMBERS, I'm heading over to Texas for a quick fire 2 weeks from the 14th thru to the 29th of July. With no set plans apart fom spending some time in and around Austin checking out the honky tonks and such I was hoping there may be some Hot Rod events or associated stuff on. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards, Gman.

2. dgc15

dgc15

Here is a cruise in on July 16. Not too much happening in July. Too Hot!
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="923"><tbody><tr height="16"><td style="height: 12.0pt; color: red; font-size: 8.0pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: bottom; white-space: nowrap; border-left: .5pt solid windowtext; border-right: .5pt solid windowtext; border-top: medium none; border-bottom: .5pt solid windowtext; padding: 0px" height="16">[FONT=arial,helvetica]16[/FONT]</td> <td style="color: red; font-size: 8.0pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; text-align: left; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: bottom; white-space: nowrap; border-left: medium none; border-right: .5pt solid windowtext; border-top: medium none; border-bottom: .5pt solid windowtext; padding: 0px">[FONT=arial,helvetica] 2011 Summer Cruise-In[/FONT]</td> <td style="color: red; font-size: 8.0pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: bottom; white-space: nowrap; border-left: medium none; border-right: .5pt solid windowtext; border-top: medium none; border-bottom: .5pt solid windowtext; padding: 0px">[FONT=arial,helvetica] Open[/FONT]</td> <td style="color: black; font-size: 8.0pt; font-weight: 700; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: bottom; white-space: nowrap; border-left: medium none; border-right: .5pt solid windowtext; border-top: medium none; border-bottom: .5pt solid windowtext; padding: 0px; background: yellow">[FONT=arial,helvetica] FREE[/FONT]</td> <td style="color: red; font-size: 8.0pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: bottom; white-space: nowrap; border-left: medium none; border-right: .5pt solid windowtext; border-top: medium none; border-bottom: .5pt solid windowtext; padding: 0px">[FONT=arial,helvetica] Pflugerville[/FONT]</td> <td style="color: red; font-size: 8.0pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: bottom; white-space: nowrap; border-left: medium none; border-right: .5pt solid windowtext; border-top: medium none; border-bottom: .5pt solid windowtext; padding: 0px">[FONT=arial,helvetica] Freddy's Steakburger[/FONT]</td> <td style="color: red; font-size: 8.0pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: bottom; white-space: nowrap; border-left: medium none; border-right: .5pt solid windowtext; border-top: medium none; border-bottom: .5pt solid windowtext; padding: 0px">[FONT=arial,helvetica] [/FONT]</td> <td style="color: red; font-size: 8.0pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; text-align: left; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: bottom; white-space: nowrap; border-left: medium none; border-right: .5pt solid windowtext; border-top: medium none; border-bottom: .5pt solid windowtext; padding: 0px">[FONT=arial,helvetica] [/FONT]</td> <td style="color: red; font-size: 8.0pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; text-align: left; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: bottom; white-space: nowrap; border-left: medium none; border-right: .5pt solid windowtext; border-top: medium none; border-bottom: .5pt solid windowtext; padding: 0px">[FONT=arial,helvetica] 2602 FM 1825. FREE MEAL, 7-10 PM[/FONT]</td></tr></tbody></table>

3. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

4. gman34

gman34

Thanks Don, sounds like that may be a goer. I reckon Freddy's could be my first taste of Texas ribs! What's the drive time from Austin?

5. gman34

gman34

Appreciate the heads up Rebel, Cheers.

6. fergusonic

fergusonic
    from Kokomo, In

103 degrees predicted today w/ Water Restrictions: Dress accordingly and hydrate yourself......and have fun.

7. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Austin 7/16, check out C-Hunt's Icehouse. Playing there with Lonesome Dave Fisher from 7 to 9 outside on the trailer stage. The place used to be a butcher shop many years ago. The bar has a trough filled with ice to put yer long neck in to keep it cold. (Just don't drink so much that you get it confused with the trough in the men's room). Honky Tonk music and ice cold Lone Star beer. About as real as it gets. Lots of rod shops in town to check out too.

8. dgc15

dgc15

Depends on the part of Austin you are in and the time of day. Probably 30-60 min. It's right up I-35.

9. gman34

gman34

Thanks Lazy A, looking forward to honky tonkin' and taking in Austin and it's surroundings. I reckon I'll take a copy of the Vultures book over to show around and leave somewhere! If your looking to get out tomorrow I'm playing with the F100s at the ferntree gully hotel, see how you go. Cheers Gman.

10. gman34

gman34

I know if I'm pulling rock candy out of the trough I'm in the wrong place...
    Sounds like C-Hunts Icehouse is right up my alley, gonna be hard to give that a skip. If I catch the band I'll come up say G'day. Thanks Big chuck.

11. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

Come by the Austin Speed Shop and say Hi..

12. gman34

gman34

You bet, I sure will. Thanks Rocco, I'll bring along some photos and such of what we get up to down here.