Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Who is George Poteet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by doubledawg, Nov 20, 2009.

1. ripsrides

ripsrides

ha ha ha now thats funny he should know better than let them two loose in his car

2. mundo

mundo
    from chitown

in the april 1992 issue of street rod action theres a 31 roadster on a 32 frame built by johnny morris that george owned for a bit ive been trying to find out what happenend to that car it changed my life and my car is modeled after it ...driving the hell out of it for the last twenty years...thanks george and johnny morris

3. ohiohotrods

ohiohotrods

ive known george a long time and they dont come any better than him. he grew up dirt poor, found his niche, and never forgot where he came from. he's one of the best and im proud to know him and call him a friend. you're only a stranger to him once!!

4. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

I've known George for about 10 years and been to his farm a few times...always very nice and never forgets to thank you for coming which is the ole saleman coming out of him. One thing I admire about him is he SHARES his wealth and has helped a ton of people in our hobby. He is a big supporter of The Memphis Street Rods, Bonneville, SEMA, and most importantly his local community. My late father had a saying "most people you meet that are very wealthy are some of the nicest people you will encounter" and George certainly fits this statement! Glad to be one of his friends . . . Keep on buildin' em George and more importantly keep on DRIVIN' them....:)

5. von zipper

von zipper

Wish I knew him!

6. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

lots of hard work and pride in craftsmanship demands respect...and gets it...so be it

[​IMG]

here he is at the three mile mark last summer at Bonneville, I was lucky to snag this shot..and he was GONE...went well over 400 MPH, it was a real experience to watch his team work...like an orchestra, all knew what to do and when to do it...very precise...

[​IMG]

at Pomona Jan. '10 GNRS

[​IMG]

7. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I met Mr Poteet at the Roundup this year. I was parked close to him and I thought I recognized him. I just went up and introduced myself. I told him I have enjoyed a lot of his cars throughout the years. We talked about the 55 a little as he is currently building one. He and his wife seemed like good people.

Doc.

8. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

George is a class act! Very nice fella! Drives the hell outta what he builds. Met him at Indy GG, and at Detroit.

9. With a website titled "Camel Toe", I just assumed he produced feminine hygiene products. Can you imagine, half the population buying your product once a month. Talk about profitable AND recession proof!!

(for those failing to see the obvious, this is a JOKE ...)

10. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

Troy Finished that truck, his shop did not build it, Brian Stinger designed and built that truck.

11. Lucky3

Lucky3

Yea....what you said !!
    I think it's a Camel Ranch and he sold the Toeing business to start it I think !!!

www.cameltoe.net

12. Mint Julep

Mint Julep

Nice guy. 51 percent stock owner of Fed Ex, I've heard.

13. river1

river1

14. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

My dad has had dealings with him and been to his place he says it is awesome and hes a good guy. I love his 34 pickup, totally awesome.

15. Ray Bartlett of The Hot Rod Garage just finished a 1934 Ford Pickup for George. He bought it off Ray at the Nationals in 2009 and told Ray if I buy it will you build it for me. Ray said yes and George said build it like you would if it was yours. It just won a Top 25 at Piegon Forge. The only car ever to win with a flat painted frame. Alloway said years ago a flat painted frame would never win. Never say never. George you rock. Ray your a great friend and a builder of fine driveable Hot Rods. I'm honored to know you both.

16. I would like to be adopted by him, I would be a good son to him, and take the cars out daily and EXERCISE them :D kinda like CARBON removal

17. n00bie

n00bie

hey guys.. just an FYI for this thread.. a friend of mine builds hot rods for George, and I used to work @ NSA, the company he is part ownership.. it is a pyramid (multi level) bullshit company that sells a product now called JuicePlus, it does about 500million a year. there are 4 sole owners. they used to do waterfilters.

18. Hahaha. All of these Poteet rumors are ridiculous and outlandish.

Everyone close to George knows that HE IS THE GUY.......

WHO INVENTED THE TECHNOLOGY TO PUT THE CARAMEL IN THE CARAMILK BARS!!!

19. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

hmmm...disgruntled employee?

Nice intro and first post dumbass...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. One post wounder. Apparently he signed up for the sole purpose of taking a cheap shot.

I know George. He is the real deal.

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

I've never meet George Poteet, but the world needs more people like him. Wonder how many people took home a paycheck and paid their bills this week because of employers like him.

22. boutlaw

boutlaw

I met George in Bonneville 09 at the USFRA World of Speed. I believe it was the first time out for Blowfish, the 69 Barracuda. He and Troy were true gentlemen and very approachable. I even met George later that evening in the grocery store and other than being a bit disappointed that the car didn't perform as expected that day, he was a super guy. I don't know what he did to become so successful, but he was obviously very good at it, and I admire and respect him for that. Class act.

23. Seems like in all the things he does, attention to detail provides success. His Bonneville operation is awe inspiring.

24. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I heard he owns a chocolate factory

25. Never met the man. But have loved his hot rods for years. The Rolling bones 34 is to die for. Hope to meet him some time.
    You know the George for president is not a bad thought. Much better man than what we have.

26. I have been a fan of his builds for years, since the orriginal American Rodder days. Saw him at B'ville a few years ago and told him I had allways wanted to meet him. He said..."well...you ain't meetin' much." with a little grin. Super nice guy.
    B.

27. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

and your point is..........................

28. George is a great guy met him at the GNRS a few weeks ago. He let me take pictures and videos of his collection when as was back in Mississippi in August and November this past year George also autograph my Bonneville scheduled book for 2012 and give me a T Shirt with his Speed Demon on it. All I can say George is down to earth person could not meet anyone as nice as him.

Thanks
    Frenchy

29. He's a super nice guy.
    I met him and his posse at B-J Auction this past January.
    A real passonate car owner.
    Yes, he's highly successful.

30. redeyewelder

redeyewelder
    from ten

george is a unique guy,,,ive live down the street most of my life....i know and hang with most of his friends and fam... we just left his house/shops..for his 462mph land speed party....he does alot for this hobby.....tho i think he gets high off his own fame,, hes still a great asset to this sport..and a great person...him and tom delany,,(my friend):D