Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Depth Of Speed: Salt Flats Speedshop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 7, 2011.

1. JJK

JJK

Really solid work and a wonderful outlook on the hobby.

2. jeckel30

jeckel30
    from USA

You are on top of it :).

3. jeckel30

jeckel30
    from USA

Thanks so much for the kind words. This series will have two more episodes relating to hot rods and Bonneville. I will be ending the series out at Speed Week.

4. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Cool!

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

5. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Very Talented! for sure....good to see the old hand made stuff by a young man.

6. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

Props, well deserved!

7. -Brent-

-Brent-

Congrats, Chris. I'm really psyched to see this!

8. -Brent-

-Brent-

I think that was mostly for this vid. The guy has a leather suit that matches the bike, I'm betting he's got a helmet, too.

9. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

Yep! A very refreshing scene.

10. big creep

big creep

wow great video! what a cool dude!

11. That was great. Go team young guns.

12. Butcher's Shop Customs

Butcher's Shop Customs
    from Paducah KY

I was thinking as I was watching the video: "I gotta go beat something outta some tin, and go flog on the 54!"

I'm another young guy, at 25. It's always nice to see other young guys in a circle that locally, at least to me, is dominated by baby boomers and older. I am starting to see a few more younger guys around here, but we're still kinda few.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  13. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

really inspiring talent! I got into this stuff late, but I consider it an art form.
    I always think of Tom Wolfe's quote on Ed Roth when I see guys making rolling art like this.
    "This art form is not merely an object, it is aesthetic but kinesthetic, inseparable from motion. It is speed, momentum, freedom."

Keep up the good work, and all you older guys - dont be afraid to show us how to do stuff - lots of us are all ears!!

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I happen to know that Chris was a young gun and that his skill far exceeds his age. He's honestly a prodigy to metal shaping and everything that he touches is nothing less then perfect. I am super happy to see some more exposure for him as he deserves nothing but the best. Everyone going to Bonneville this year make sure you stop buy his open house. He's a rad dude with some great projects in there.

15. Great Scott he has an "Old Soul"! Very cool!!!!!!

16. Very cool series. He does have skills.

17. toddjw73

toddjw73
    from Tracy, CA

Great video.

It's stuff like this that gives me support for being almost 38. Having just finished Fall and Spring semesters of school at a local community college a shot in the butt. I quit my normal B.S. of construction and went into retail. I quit that and jumped feet first into going back to school. I'm going to school for an A.S. Degree in Autobody Collision and Refinishing. Inspiration like this is the key for me. My only issue is trying to find a job to help get me through it. It's a B!TCH trying to get even a simple job. Oh well! Just falling back on what I've done on the side for the past 12 years. Selling whatever I can on eBay is what hasd kept me in school. Now to start my Summer class on Monday. It's a 1 month. Then I start my Fall semester with more of what I'm in school for. I just need to get through it. I should be completed by 2013. MORE INSPIRATION PLEASE!

18. I saw that, Larry and also Casny's Coupe on the board too!
    The kid seems to have MAD SKILLS! For any age! My first thought was,"I'd hate to see all those great skills got to hell,with a crash on a bike and NO FUCKIN HELMUT!!!!". I'm sure I'm not the only one who will tell him that,too! Absolutely love the shop too!!!

19. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

The kid has some serious skills and great taste. The perfect combination.

20. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Thanks you guys for the support and kind words. I'm truly honored to be able to be doing something I love and to be able to share it with all of you.

As for the helmet. Like Brent said, I have a full leather suit, helmet, gloves, and boots. I love how goofy I look especially on the bike with everything matching. Looks like I came right out of the 80's.

[​IMG]

21. Good gawd man, go eat something!!!!!!

22. GARY?

GARY?

That was pretty cool little video. Very talented dude.

23. jeckel30

jeckel30
    from USA

Chris I am sad that I somehow missed that suit for the film!

24. RAD!

Chris, Nice Bike, I have a Bultaco 175 Sherpa S sittin in the shed, dressed out in flat track trim.

Awesome! I'd like to check out your shop on my way to B-Ville!

25. sololobo

sololobo

Chris is amazing, one of the young turks! His attitude is so great, a benchmark for his generation. Thanx for the vid. ~sololobo~

26. TomH

TomH

Stopped by for a shop tour on our way to the GNRS last Jan. ( I had made arrangements before hand )A very talented young man.

27. seatex

seatex

I always enjoy his videos. Mad skills as well.the future is in good hands, indeed!

28. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

waaaay cool video - the subject matter helps right?
    keep going and thanks for the hard work

29. boones27t

boones27t
    from redding ca

never would have guessed you were that young and have all that talent. Awesome video too. How did you learn? Im about your age and would love to learn more..

30. 52pig

52pig