Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Depth Of Speed: Salt Flats Speedshop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Cool! I knew he was a younger guy...

3. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Quite a skillset for a young guy. Nice vid.

4. Awesome! Inspirational! I always read Chris' build threads.

Got build me a planishing hammer!

Did I spy HAMBer Brent's '21 T roadster body?

5. D-Day

D-Day
    from NW Ohio

Awesome video. Gives someone of a younger age something to aspire to, to be that talented.

6. Great video - really gives the young guys a great "shot in the arm" to have someone out there doing it and is that talented.

7. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

I'm sure he works hard to hone his skills, but to me these people are really natural born artist and I'm in awe by their works. I'm fortunate to know a few personally.

8. He looks like he'd need an I.D. to buy milk.......................but having watched the thread on building the '36 roadster he's got talent to die for. Glad to see young masters in the making.

9. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I always enjoy his project threads and updates. Very nice work!

Malcolm

10. Machobuck

Machobuck

He pretty much rules. Being young myself (21) I look up to a guy like that. ok, time to beat up on some metal

11. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

WOW! what an absolutely terrific bio on a young man with many skills! thank you. i will follow his threads in the future. i would hope that some how this can get exposed to the public at large. as a nation we have lost our appreciation for the artisan, we have subscribed to the undereducated, unskilled multi-degreed!

12. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

That's funny, I figured him for somewhere in between....maybe mid to late 30's?
    Whatever, Chris has style and skill, a fantastic combination.

Don't worry man, I used to get carded up to my 30's, then we had a kid. Almost immediately, I started losing my hair, got glasses and haven't been carded since!

13. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Wow what a nicely set up shop!
    TP

14. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Yup Ryan, you are right. Seeing this young man gives all us old farts hope for the traditional hot rod to live on. And I agree with him, we don't emphasize hand skills any more. Too many votechs in New England have scrapped the traditional wood working and metal working for new age biological and computer science. Both are important in my mind, one should not supplant the other.
    I remember back in the 50s in Rhinebeck, the Sinclair station had a summer intern from Germany. He was studying to be an auto mechanic over there. Talking with him I was amazed to hear that one early task he had to master was to take a cube of steel and hand files, and make a sphere of given tolerance out of it. Bear in mind back then at 16, I found files most useful for opening cans and taking burrs off flame cut stock.
    My son went through machine tool program at Stratham Tech, state votech in the 80s. That program is long gone, machinery all sold. Glad to see someone like this fellow who values the skills and is proud of mastering them. I agree with his assessment that a fine hand built traditional rod is indeed a work of art!

15. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

damn that is an awesome video. gives me some inspiration to continue on the traditions as well! now i just need the skills....:)

16. I have always loved Chris' work. He seems to truly understand the ART of making something from scratch using his hands. Keep it up Chris!

17. Wow, thanks for today's inspiration.

18. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

I'm glad that there is a younger generation person to keep the history of Hot Rods going..My hat is off to Chris..OH...such creativity..Awesome..
    Duane..

19. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

As an "Old Fart"....I'm glad to see younger guys respecting the tradition that they now participate in....very cool

20. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Chris is a great inspiration to us young guys! Im 26 and admire all the hard work and skill he puts into all of his projects!

21. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I see a pic of my old coupe on his bulletin board...:)

...and Chris, for cryin' out loud dude...wear a brain bucket when you ride...there's too many texting drivers out there...end of Fatherly rant.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  22. STRANGERODZ

STRANGERODZ
    from WASHINGTON

That Dude is good. Really like his work. Wouldn't my stoppong by his shop some it..

23. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

It's amazing to see a young person with such great fabrication skills. There has to be an "Old Fart" that showed young Chris the ropes. Or...he was born with them!

24. U.K.ROADSTER

U.K.ROADSTER
    from Birmingham

25. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

26. mcbay

mcbay

Great to see !

27. 1- shot slinger

1- shot slinger

I've been watching the "Depth of Speed" series, and I'm always excited for the new one to come out. Josh Clason is a great videographer! Here are some of his other videos that are hot rod related outside of the "Depth of Speed" series:

Viva Las Vegas 2011

Wrecked Metals

Ode to Salt "Speed Week 2010"

This is his demo reel, it has some OT vehicles and subjects, but you can't deny the guy's talent!

Josh Clason Demo Reel

28. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

i feel cool because i posted this up last week.