Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Beebe Bros, Vinson, & Sixt "Cackle Car"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by THE-SYNDICATE, Dec 10, 2010.

1. wetspeed

wetspeed
    from So Cal

Those were the days... When 3 guy could build a car in a garage and be competitive on a national level in Top Fuel... I bet 20 of the Top Fuel teams would fit in the current main DSR building with the space they had in '68 and still have room for 10 more... ;)

2. Great project! and I love the old pix too.

3. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Great progress, thanks for posting!

4. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Yeah Baby!!! Fun Stuff!!

The obtaining of the Front Axle is for sure the Major Crescendo in this deal... I was waiting to start until this piece arrived home and I could fixture it up in the JIG etc. I really wish more parts had surfaced earlier but it's really hard tracking this shit down. With the car changing hands so many times and people picking up and moving etc some items are just MIA. We have a Solid Group right now combing the sands to find other items but only time will tell if more stuff turns up. We think the front wheels might be out there and possible a few other little items. Like I had mentioned, just about everything was unbolted from the car before the frame was tossed out.

Fingers crossed!!!

~Robert M.

5. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Just a quick note.. I had to edit the above post to better reflect the time line and the story! Mucho Bettero with all the pics and what not....

More news Later,

Robert M.

6. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Another little shot for fun.... How Bout This Shit????
    [​IMG]
    Too Cool...

7. Really appreciate you sharing this build! This FED is awesome!!! The amount of LOVE and SUPPORT that you and your friends have in this is great! Can't wait to see it in person one day, I can smell the NITRO!

8. bobhoneybrook

bobhoneybrook

The axel looks good in the Mike Mitchell photo!!

9. I,m hooked.
    Awesome build!

10. great stuff, super stoked for you to be both re-creating this car, and being able to see your passion through the build, awesome. Glad to see great people unite across the globe, with a pure vision, can only bring great things, which to me the best part of 'hot rodding'.

Thanks for the updates, and look forward to seeing more.

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

11. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

This is truly bad ass! i have the FED bug as well, just not the money to throw into one right now. Soon someday.

The amount of original parts on this car will be amazing. Any chance of taking a slow run down the 1320?

12. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Fresh from Down Under!!!!
    [​IMG]

13. Randy in Oklahoma

Randy in Oklahoma
    from Oklahoma

When I think back about fuel racing in the sixties, this is the picture that always comes to mind!

14. Been jamming thru this thread again at work. At first glance I thought this pic was some kind of bizarre salt flats car! Oh, it's just the table with some parts piled around it... :p

15. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

This trip down south was F'n amazing..... I will need to go into details later on but for now we should see a few pics....

Here's a pic of Frank and I with the Axle, Front Air Damn plate, and the steering wheel from the Beebe & Fedak AA/FD
    [​IMG]

A little collection of all the old Beebe & Fedak stuff... MAG body from Hanna and the original steering wheel.

[​IMG]

Frank's old helmet but with Dave's Visor... KING, The king of Garden Grove!

[​IMG]

Then the Garden Grove tour.... Here's Jack Wayre's Auto dealership!
    [​IMG]

Here's the first CAVE.. The shop where the car was kept and maintained... McEwen was here as well.
    [​IMG]

Then onto the final CAVE... This is where the 1969 Season car was assembled...
    [​IMG]

Next a trip by the Beebe Bros house where they all were raised! Amazing!!!
    [​IMG]

Then a little closing shot of Zook.... Here he is at Frank's Mom's Birthday... RIP Johnny...

[​IMG]

What a trip...

~Robert M.

16. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Kick ass!!!!! The chrome looks better in your photo here. What is the scoop on that. Cool trip indeed!!!!!!

Cant wait till you fire up the TIG!!!

Keep 'em coming. KING

17. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

The car looks very good, but the added history and artifact photos here............ absolutely priceless.
    This is just fantastic to follow.
    Tom S.

18. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Yeah Baby!!! I'm stoked.... I'll get roll'n here in the next few weeks...

~Robert M.

19. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Thanks Tom! I'm glad you and the others are enjoying the project. I feel it's important to share this info and let people really know the behind scenes data for these projects. In my opinion its all about the chase... Sure it will be cool to light this thing off and lay down a few burnouts but it's the History and the People that really seal the deal.

More news as it comes.... :)

Robert M.

20. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

HEY, lunch is over--get back to work!!

21. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Eye Eye Captain!!! Thanks again for the chute pack... The more I looked at it I think it's going to be perfect!

Cheers,

Robert

22. Hightone111

Hightone111

AWESOME! Subscribed. I need more!

23. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Lets make some use out of those old RCS Patterns I recieved in the mail... Get to work!!!!

Here we are tracing things out in 1/4" 6061-T6 Alum:
    [​IMG]

Then we pop some holes in the plate while it's still BIG and easy to hold!
    [​IMG]

Then we do the old Slice and Dice and get HOT with a file!!! Almost done... Then Polish'um up!
    [​IMG]

More News Soon....

Robert

24. TwinTownTerror

TwinTownTerror
    from Minnesota

This is an awesome thread! Just read through the whole damn thing tonight! Subscribed.

25. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Nice! Thanks Man... It's a fun project and the "Build" data should be getting better as the next month or two rolls along!

Fire the next pair...

Robert M.

26. RossPreen

RossPreen

Robert.
    You are so right about that, the journey that we go on to get these Dragsters back is at least half the fun. The people, the places, the disappointments, the excitement it's all part of the experience.
    You're doing great mate :)
    Ross.

27. rooman

rooman

Robert,
    this thread has me all amped up and I have started on my Mr Lucky/Soapy Sales resto while building Ernie Broughton's Commnche re-pop Don Long car. I just found a pic of my car on Les Welch's site that I had not seen before. It was taken at OCIR after the car came back from Oz and Davey Uyehara is driving. As Ross said the best part of this deal is searching out the history and filling in all the background details.
    Don Long, Ed Pink, Larry Huff, Dave Uyehara, Tom Hanna, Larry Dixon Sr and Bobby Rex have all helped with details about the car from when Pink first put the deal together back in late 1969.

Roo

28. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Cool thread. I am watching you guys .:D Lippy (still gathering parts) in Ks.:cool:

29. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Hey Roo,

That's great news! I went over and had a look at the photo from Les! Ultra Bitchin! I have also been keeping up with the progress on Ernie's car via the pics posted on the Standard1320 group. Very Nice.....

Cheers,

Robert

30. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

Roo,
    Keep us updated on your project! I love the Soapy Sales car.