Register now to get rid of these ads!

door glass help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fireant, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Fireant

Fireant
    from Texas

I have a 40 Ford pickup and I am trying to put in new door glass. I got one of the rollers on the track, but cannot get the other one on. Do I have to remove the window regulator, and if so how in the hell do I get the window crank handle off? I've looked for a set screw of some kind of clip that is holding it on, but I don't see one. I can't figure it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Ant

2. tom brown

tom brown

use a pair of needle nose plyers- go behind the handle and push in against the round bezel-there is a spring behind the bezel so you will have some give. with a good light look for a pin that holds the handle to the crank- its about the size of a pencil lead- with a small punch tap it from the bottom-because it is usually tapered. if severely froze- penatrant or you can drill it out.
    I've done a number of windows so bare with me .crank the handle until the two arms and rollers are closest togeather.loosen on window guide at the bottom and with the glass in the door move back and forth until you see the angle were both rollers will insert in the track. you may also have to loosen the crank asm. once in- crank alittle so the rollers dont slip out. last resort is to pry back one inch on the chanel that holds rollers. slide in pry back to orginal shape. great patience and a cool head- dont force any thing.good luck t.

3. Fireant

Fireant
    from Texas

Thanks I'll give it a try.