Register now to get rid of these ads!

This is the life we chose!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by finkd, Jul 5, 2011.

1. v8nutter

v8nutter

I was in my Coupe de Ville at a show last weekend when a guy said "Miles per gallon don't matter when by the look on your face you get so many smiles per gallon".

2. Truckedup

Truckedup

I don't take myself or my old trucks too seriously.I drive newer or older depending on what fits my needs at that moment.
    All four of our trucks, 50 Chevy,51 Willys and two 99 Jeep Cherokees have straight axles front and rear and all are manual transmissions...So there :D

3. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

M.P.G .......Speaking of, how come my 48 stude with olds 303 gets 24 mpg, my 63 galaxie gets 22 mpg, all day long at 90mph. and my wifes late model 97 tahoe gets 17 on its best day, and the old cars don't have a computer near them unless I park in the yard and its close to the house. So to sum up my lifestyle rant, old cars are it for me, despite the hardships, and there are way more good things about them then bad. I'm glad we live this life and would have a very hard time picking out a new car if I was forced to buy one.

4. triumphtony

triumphtony

looks to me your daily has plenty of ac,if you need more just cut a new hole lol! The back pack story is the best. How many kids can tell that one?

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

6. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

AGAIN...... this post wasn't about a/c ......it was about the lifestyle of what it takes to compromise and drive an old car with less creature comforts then the new cars.....you know the sacrafices we make to live like we do and have the old car in our blood! the guys like jimmy white driving a model a coupe with a hemi and no ft brake s on the streets of la, shit like that.............and what others must think of our crazy ways..

7. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Tomorrow at noon fitzee and I hop in the open T bucket...drive the TCH for 1 1/2 hrs to catch a ferry ride of 15 hrs...then cross Nova Scotia for 6 hours to get to New Brunswick for the Atlantic Nationals.
    No roof...no wipers...no fenders...

The alternative is a nice comfy minivan. Alternative!?!?

Hmmmm....decisions, decisions. :D