Register now to get rid of these ads!

Interesting Custom on Craigslist

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by savoy_man, Jul 6, 2011.

1. savoy_man

savoy_man

Here is a cool custom I found on CL that someone here might be interested in. If I had the money and time I wouldn't mind having it.

His listing...

"this is a barn find i picked up a few yrs ago and ive decided to part with it. i met the 80yr old man who built it back in the late 50's. he told me he started with a henry j chassis with a kaiser "supersonic" flathead 6 made by willys. he says he used to drag race this in des moines back in the 60's!! i pulled the head off and theres some definate water damage. i would imagine it can b rebuilt but its way too much for me to undertake. i have way too many "projects" as it is. the body is all hand fabricated using the front end and doors from a 39 pontiac and the rear fenders are 46 chevy. the grille is of course 55 t-bird. this is a really cool conversation piece but its time to let someone else have it. trades considered"

The actual listing... http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/2461857227.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. retromotors

retromotors

That ain't a half bad lookin' old ride. Definitely interesting, and the price isn't unreasonable.
    Sorta got an MGA vibe to the fender/door/cowl area.
    Unfortunately it's waaay too far away for me.:mad:

3. williebill

williebill

I don't usually get too excited about homebuilts,but that's cool as hell..love to have it

4. rschilp

rschilp

I'd buy it for sure if it wasn't so far away.

5. cookiemonster131

cookiemonster131

awesome homebuilt and i think it is a GREAT price. If it was within 300 miles of me i would be on it right now...

6. savoy_man

savoy_man

Along with the MGA feel it kinda has a Kaiser Darrin look too.

7. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

You know, there were a lot of these so called hand built sports cars, kits and otherwise being built back in the day. I am not sure that any of them really had the proportions of this one. I think it looks really good. $800 appears to be a STEAL in my opinion.