Register now to get rid of these ads!

"hidden" people in stripes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gearhead Graphics, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Don Lyon

Don Lyon

Few years back saw the "Stick" figures being done at an event in Spokane,gotta be one of the best striping jobs ever. Definetly "R" rated, but kool.

2. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

not really hidden....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  4. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

I really like that wolf and the woman.... pretty cool.

5. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

the wolf and the woman rocks!

Pretty sure one of the guys on here, Pan dragger, from CO is one of the ones i remember with tiny hidden people if you look at the stripes really close.'

This has turned to be a pretty cool thread, a lot more than just inspiration for me. Thanks to all that chip in!

6. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

In the NW it was Mitch Kim I was thinking of not Dunn........................................

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

I've got some inked pawprints that I'd love to get covered up with some striping like this. They are on the outside of my calf, but I'm not picky about the striping. Just think it'd be cool to have something like this done. Anyone interested in drawing it up?

8. BigNick1959

BigNick1959

I try an hide something in every job I do in try Von Dutch fashion. I used to hide a lot of sick stuff and a lot of female body parts :eek: in my work, but you had to really study it to see it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. I was going to say Mitch Kim was the guy out of portland. Saw one with a "long fellow" on one fender and his "joyfull" friend on the other.:D

10. rawkie

rawkie

How about a nice hula chic

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  11. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

The hula girl striping is very cool. Love the lines and the color combos. Great!

12. The hula girl is really cool. Love the Hibiscus flowers too...

13. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

speaking of hula girls my friend Samantha did this one on a nice little hot rod dash
    [​IMG]
    here she is doing some work on the deck..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  14. kaydub

kaydub
    from Cali

Deuce 7 rules!

Unfortunately, it's a cropped pic cuz I'm posting via the iPhone app..

[​IMG]

15. I took this picture at the merc deuce reunion in Holland Mi. many years ago

[​IMG]

16. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I've gotta tell you, I love pinstriping but I've never seen anything as detailed as some of the pics posted. Awesome!!!

17. rawkie

rawkie

clean lines Hoptup Jalop, im really diggin that dash

18. A Rodder

A Rodder

I know mitch kim has a top notch reputation but don't know if he was the one you guys are thinking of.
    Bob Kellison has a model a coupe built in 66 and nothing has changed on it. It was striped by a pretty known guy here in eugene area named gary crisp. Anyway the car has more of this stuff on it you can handle. Its everywhere all in tiny detail other than a big donger striped on the backside of the horn. The friend is bob Kellison. He is a member of the hamb and did have the car in the classifieds here.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  19. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Keep em comin guys.
    Some great pics here.

Did some outline work this weekend, got home and the owner called me to say he smudged a line. On the phone he realied it was my signature. I think he needs glasses, wasn't that small, but still cool reaction. He was stoked when he finally figured it out and he didnt mess up his work

20. Gasser57

Gasser57

A few that I laid on an old Chevy.

Attached Files:

21. 54metalman

54metalman

I have known Gary Crisp for a long time. If I remember right. Mitch Kim worked for/with Gary in the early days. I dont think Gary is still in the NW but his kid is and is trying to make a name for himself. Its in the blood for sure.

22. Mr. Kim is the BEST!! Also a kat by the name of Dan Donnica has been known to throw in the stick figures.

23. alchemy

alchemy

A lot (most?) of the images shown above are not subtle or hidden. I think Butterly's work was much more subtle, and while it may also not be truly "hidden", it did take a second or third look to see it as a woman's profile instead of just a curved line of paint.

Growing up in Iowa, it was just common to see his work on many cars. I got used to it. Now you don't see many of those cars around any more.

brigrat and kidcampbell71 like this.
  24. You beat me to it! I saw a 90's Chevy Pick-up at the LARS,that had stick people having all kinds of sex on them. You had to look REALLY close though...

25. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

one of my older friends told me of his work and how he would hide women in it , he ended up doing the local fire trucks i guess and after someone really looked and pointed it out some elderly women raised hell and it had to be removed ! said it was a shame it was so subtle that unless pointed out the ladies never would have even noticed it !

26. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Wish I had a better picture, but I did a flame job stripe on my Coupe.
    [​IMG]

27. bgaro

bgaro

yeah, this happens in the tattoo world as well. rule number one dont be a dick

28. Just saw this one this weekend in Pomona. I immediately thought of this thread.

[​IMG]

29. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Girls in the hood are pretty cool.

This weekend is the HUGE lowrider show here, then I finally get to stop working on everyone elses stuff and stripe my own. Can't wait after this thread and all the inspiration.

30. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Again for the weekend crew....