Register now to get rid of these ads!

49 Merc build update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EXK, Nov 26, 2009.

1. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I vote for an open house to show off your projects.

2. Now that you brought it up who else vote's for an open house ? I have thought about it a few times but that is as close as i have gotten as this thing called work keeps getting in the way :rolleyes:. My shop doors are always open to fellow kustom lovers so you donot have to wait for a open house to take a look. Rick Erickson

3. I vote for an open house!!

4. Got the Skirts fitted & the gaps gaped. One more blocking and its paint time. So far the owner still has him mind set on BLACK wawawa :( so if you want to see it in some thing other than BLACK nows the time to speak up.

Attached Files:

5. mercury jeff

mercury jeff
    from brownsburg

That is a vary nice looking merc. Can wate to see it done.

6. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

7. built2grind

built2grind

Black is a very funny color, but beautiful non the less. It can hurt a car or help a cars appearance. With the amount of "custom" work thats been done I would choose something more vibrant, like Kandy Pagan Gold. If it were built more traditional in styling I would go with the black. But try to change his mind by explaining alot of the custom detail work will get lost in that sea of black. Beautiful work though I must say !!!

8. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

very nice job on the front end

9. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

Pagan Gold! Looks great on customs this radical.

10. The owner might change his mind on black and go with a candy brandywine with some faint high lighting in the base to really accent the body mods :). Heres is a close example of the color candy brandywine with high lights i did on a 50 merc many years ago. So let's hear from you and help him on what color it sould be finished in. Black or candy brandywine ?

Attached Files:

11. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

always been a big fan of brandywine,and candy apple red

12. 19Fordy

19Fordy

That is truly a beautiful color for the Merc.

13. The owner is now alot closer on going with a dark candy red so heres another 49 i did in a slightly darker candy called dark cherry. Any one else have any pic's of a Merc in a dark candy red ?

Attached Files:

14. jfrolka

jfrolka

Anything as long as its scallop and flame free.. has way too many body mods.. both colors will look great

15. I agree with no flames or scallops on this 49 as i think it would take away from all the body mods but i am thinking on doing some very slight showdoling in the base color to accsent them.

16. jfrolka

jfrolka

Just slightly shadowed tho... the rear bumper you built for this merc is bad ass .. looking killer

17. sygreaser

sygreaser
    from SO-CAL

i think ur gonna need a chase car with all the babes you'll be pickin' up! :D

18. MercMike1

MercMike1
    from New York

This thing would look great with some kandy paint!

19. jdorrier54

jdorrier54

That dark cherry with the flames and scallops looks great! Nice work.

20. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I was reading that you were considering black, I thought that it would be the wrong
    choice. Your style is painting a kustom by using candies, that is kool and nothing wrong
    with that at all. If it was mine I would paint it without the accsents to the body mods. You've
    done a great job with all of the design work and I would let the sun reflections off of the
    candy paint do your talking.

Looks like that your going to have another kool Merc rolling out of your shop. Kongrats!!

Happy Trails, Mick

21. Here are a few pics of the color test pannel. All three colors were done with the same dark red candy the only difference is in the base colors. The lightest or center color is over a putter pearl and the darkest is over a bright blue pearl and the middle is over an irish green pearl. In the first pic the bottom color is the one i like the most as it is dark cherry red in direct sun light and looks black in the shaded so it should give off the most accsents.

Attached Files:

22. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

OPEN HOUSE!!! OPEN HOUSE!!! OPEN HOUSE!!!...
    come on everybody...
    OPEN HOUSE!!! OPEN HOUSE!!! OPEN HOUSE!!!.....

23. 1950 mercury

1950 mercury

hi have you seen a candy blood red from alsa corp i put some on a old bsa motor bike i am building looks great but i really think candy brandywine looks the best i saw it on a 46 ford years ago it looked almost black in the shade and glowed in the sun light and the clear coat looked like it was 2 foot deep it is one of the best colors i have ever seen.

24. Yesssss its ready for paint. Just need to know what color so lets here your choice and help my customer make his finall decision.

Attached Files:

25. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

I vote for either a green or gold. Need something different beside the reds and blues, although they look great also.

26. Owner needs to think about it and love the color. They have to smile every time they open the garage.

27. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

Man...I love the stance and the beautiful lines of your projects...No many others have this quality...Once Im building a 4doors down here in Brazil I would love to see more pics of one of your 4door projects...I dont wanna mix your threads...Just dont know where I can see more of your four doors..Just would like to express how much I like your work,,, :)

28. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

I mean the hardtop style four doors!!!

29. Hey Ricardo, I am doing a 51 4dr hard top right now that will be going to Italy. Sorry i have been to bussy to do a post on here about it. I have it already in the body work stage and hope to have it in primer by the weeks end. When i get it out of the booth i will take some pics and do a build post. Rick Erickson

30. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

candy apple red,real deeeeeep