Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rest in Peace "Sparky", my brother.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GaryM931, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

2. I'm still kinda in disbelief...:(
    Tingler, nice thoughts. Butch, good pics. Sparky will be missed:(
    I met Glenn thru the HAMB, then as club brothers---didn't get to see him that often but it was always a treat to be around him, his quiet demeanor always made me feel like he was my friend always. Glenn was really a good guy.

3. Somehow I had never met Sparky. From what I've always seen & heard of him here on the HAMB, he was a great guy.

Really sorry to hear of his passing. Sorry for his family & the Poorboys too.

RIP Sparky.

- Jim

4. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

My sincere condolences.....

5. RIP. Sorry to hear the news.

6. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Rip brother, your in a better place.

7. the-rodster

the-rodster

Wow!

I never post on these kinds of threads, because I usually didn't know the person.

But, I knew Sparky.

What a loss.

Rich

8. the-rodster

the-rodster

9. GaryM931

GaryM931
    from Tennessee

Thank you Rich, as I forgot about the jalopy43 username.

Thanks to all for your kind words, and rememberances, photos of my brother. Myself, and our family really appreciate it.
    I am not sure if I can find the Poor Boys messageboard, so if someone could pass along thie info I'd appreciate it

For those in the TN area, there will be a memorial service on Monday, 10AM Jul 11, at the Spring Hill Presbeterian Church
    5344 Main Street, Spring Hill, TN - <NOBR>(931) 486-2642</NOBR>
    <NOBR></NOBR>
    <NOBR>Thank you all again, take care...</NOBR>
    <NOBR>Gary.</NOBR>
    <NOBR></NOBR>

10. Well I guess I don't know "Sparky" or you. But I do know what it is like to loose a loved one.

I am sorry for your loss but I have to believe that he is off to bigger and better things. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
    Benno

11. Prayers for your family that the lord would give you strength and understanding during this trying time.

12. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

May the fond memories of your brother help sustain you during the difficult days ahead. My sincere condolences to Sparky's family and friends...

13. Zerk

Zerk

Only knew him through his posts here, and he seemed to be a knowledgeable and fun-loving guy. Sorry to lose him.

14. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

Rest in Peace Sparky.... Sparky was the real thing. He will be missed.

15. Wow, chatted with him on a couple different internet boards, sad to hear this news R.I.P. buddy

16. jstorm

jstorm

Sparky was a great man, he was a club brother as well as my friend. I will miss him.

Attached Files:

17. real sad news..so sorry for your loss (and ours). keeping you and all of Sparky's family and friends in our thoughts and prayers. Jeff

18. All Poor Boys have lost another brother from another mother.

19. Gator

Gator

Still hard to believe. :(

I've posted it on our message board Gary, and I'll make sure all the guys know about the memorial.

Sparky was showing off the flamethrowers in his shoebox, I figured we'd put it to use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  20. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

thats horrible news, i remember talking with sparky years ago on another hot rod forum, shame to hear that he passed away. RIP sparky.

21. TMoney

TMoney

I always hate hearing this stuff. RIP.

22. borntoolate

borntoolate

Seems ironic. This was Sparky's last post. God bless him.

"When I die, I want to be cremated,and have my ashes sprinkled up,and down Van Nuys bullivard,again,and again,till the box is empty... "

23. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

Sad news.....RIP Sparky..

24. Kinky6

Kinky6

RIP, Sparky.

He was one of the first HAMBers that I met at a show.

Kinky6 :(

25. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. hopefully he is hanging out with my dad and all the other rodders who have moved on to the big garage in the sky. God bless Sparky and his family.

26. the-rodster

the-rodster

Wow, just wow!

Rich

27. Looking at the pictures of Sparky brings instant smiles to my face as a fellow club brother and human being. The fun Sparky is having in each photo with his friends is so evident and infectious. If you were lucky enough to meet Sparky, you instantly wanted to be his friend because kind nature and solid character were so clear. His hot rod side was no doubt VERY COOL, but it was a distant second to his character and personality which attracted such admiration and respect. Sparky was such a rare person; it is beyond my ability to explain it. What a great person and a great loss. I know I will miss Sparky.

Rest In Peace and God Bless Sparky and his family.

28. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Im Sorry to hear that. I first met him at Bowling Green a few years back, Man what a fun guy to be around. God Speed Sparky

29. hellbuckle50

hellbuckle50
    from Mid TN

Sparky was such an amazing guy, Before I became a Poor Boy he made feel so welcomed as an outsider in a very big Hot Rod world, always smiling, always excited to talk cars, always a blast... I'm gonna miss my Poor Boy big brother dearly.....

Studebaker.

30. GaryM931

GaryM931
    from Tennessee

Thanks guys, our family is reading the posts, you're great.

Borntoolate,
    We are going to try to make something like that happen. I know he also wanted a small amount of ashes to be scattered on a certain racetrack out West while going down the track. If it's possible, we will make it happen in the close future.
    Take care,