Register now to get rid of these ads!

New KING CHASSIS dragster build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ChassisResearchKid, Apr 15, 2011.

1. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Brian, Fuckin awesome as always Bud! Nice Work!

2. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Super Bitchin Dude!!!!

3. hotrods316

hotrods316

Brian great craftsmanship on the car. (I just LOVE the last photo you posted of you heading home)

Todd congrats on getting another legal dragster ready to come out and play! Any hints as to what brand clutch and engine set-up (SBC on the juice?!?) you are going to run?

I have a question on the front wheels, are they period dragster wheels? I am curious as to what they are, being on a ford spindle.

Thanks and congrats again!

4. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

"I have a question on the front wheels, are they period dragster wheels? I am curious as to what they are, being on a ford spindle."

On which dragster? The one's on the "new" car are Creitz hubs on 19" Akronts. The one's on the 62 car are 17" chrome steel with a aluminum RCS style hub. Both sets are 40 hole hubs. Todd

5. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

I would love to see some more close up of the 17" wheels if possible? Brian can you take some shots for me and post them or e-mail them to me? I'm getting a set from Roger for my car but I'm still sifting thru the decision process on what needs to happen before they look perfect as per orig.

Thanks!

Robert

6. das858

das858

Awesome car, I hope to have a King Chassis legal car some day, got to finish my Bonneville project first though.

7. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Will do Robert!!!

8. Mattbee

Mattbee

I went to Todds today. The dragster looks awesome!!! Todd even let me sit in it! Here are some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. mr slingshot

mr slingshot
    from Belgium

that`s a fine piece of workmanshaft
    what size of tires do you have on that dragster because it looks awsome.

10. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

These are not the tire's I'm going to use, but they are 14x31x15 Goodyear blue streaks, and 2.50 x 19 Pirelli. The tire's I'll be using are 10.5 x 31 x 15 and 2.25 x 17 or 18. Todd.

11. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

lookin good todd!

12. inlinr6

inlinr6

I've seen many that dont look heavy enough yours looks stout;you make a nice chassis;chute tails are cool too!

13. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Dropped the chassis off at Harry's in Ohio yesterday for the body to be built. I should have it back mid august. Will post with updated pictures as progress is made. This body is going to be kickass. Promise. Todd

14. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Cant wait to see her new dress Todd!!!

15. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

Nice work Brian! Also, thanks for the whammy front end on the Morley Performance FED, looks fantastic. Jim's gonna test it out in Bowling Green next week. I can't freakin wait!

P.S. I can ride my bike with no handlebars.

16. Membership now closed :)

AK :)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  17. So cool some day this will happen for me. Keep the progress coming.

18. Due to over 1,800 responses and various Gasser Clubs trying to push their way into this new club. This will be open to Pre 1962 Slingshots or exact reproductions only. No transbrakes, electronics, air shifters, or fuel injection other than mechanical.

Thanks,

Dark Hollow Devils :)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  19. carshopowner

carshopowner

Make that 1799 as I will not be removing my trans brake to run on your strip.

20. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Progress, progress! Oops, guess I need to get on mine also.:eek: You guys are doing great. Lippy

21. Membership is now closed due to overwhelming requests in our area.

P.S 1st transbrake was introduced in 1973 :)

22. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Why are you high-jacking my thread? I have clearly stated that this build will be as it would have been done in 1964!!!!!!

23. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Updates as promised. Hot Rod Harry has the body pretty close at this point. these pictures are from the end of June, I'll be going for the final OK and fitting in a week or two. He's still working on the nose for it and the cage top. I have been making grips for the steering wheel. The break handle is done. More later. Todd.

Attached Files:

24. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Going to check out the progress on the body today. Will take pictures and post some of the parts I've accumulated over the last couple of weeks when I get home. Todd.

25. mr slingshot

mr slingshot
    from Belgium

Where did you get the fiberglass body?
    Car is looking bitching

26. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Well I went to Ohio yesterday for the mock up of the body. Harry cut a pile of cardboard and we made the templets for the top of the cage and nose. He already has the mold made for the belly pan so the next step is to form the top front cowl and nose section. ( Have some vision people) It's hard to picture as a complete car with all the differant colors going on, but hopefully you get the idea. Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked. Todd.

Attached Files:

27. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

This is a prototype body, that may be available in the future, if it generates enough interest. Stay tuned. Todd.

28. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Looks great! I dig the body and swept back cage. It should be a beautiful rail.

29. afaulk

afaulk

Another perspective - cool car dude, i agree about the sitting low part.

I'm not sure i want to see what happens when it goes bad. I have a 186" Foy Gilmore car built in the late 90s. (one of 3) This has to be the easiest, best, fun way to go fast without cashing in the kids college fund. Good on ya!

30. Mattbee

Mattbee

Looks AWESOME!!!! It going to look great going down the track!!!!!!

Matt