Register now to get rid of these ads!

'54 210 Disk Brake Conversion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TheGaslight, Jul 4, 2011.

1. TheGaslight

TheGaslight

I have a '54 chevy 210 and ive been looking at the other threads about buying kits but i dont see anything about getting used parts from a salvage yard. does anyone know if there are parts you can get used that will all bolt on?

2. kdrodworks316

kdrodworks316
    from idaho

I used a ebay bracket kit from mgchevyparts. It was a little over $100 and came with caliper brackets that actually fit properly, as well as all the bearings, spacers and grade 8 hardware. I used junkyard camaro rotors and calipers, speedway banjo fittings, braided brakelines and bunkhead fittings. Theres a bunch of pics of the install on my 54 chevy build thread. Feel free to pm any questions, I would be happy to help.

3. TheGaslight

TheGaslight

ok thanks ill read over your build and check it out

4. Mathius

Mathius

What rear end was on the '54? I read an article in a pontiac rag about putting 98 and up s-10 rear discs on a 10-bolt. There were extra steps involved in pre-64 rear ends, but I still have the article somewhere. It had a complete parts list and everything.

Mathius

5. TheGaslight

TheGaslight

i keep seeing post on the internet places about doing the s-10 rear, i think its like 98 and up s-10 blazer 4x4 i keep seeing people use. mine has a 74 nova 10 bolt rearend under it now ill leave that for a bit. i just want to get the front done first, and figure out what to do for the master cylinder and booster.