Register now to get rid of these ads!

OOPS now what do I do?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fastrnu, Sep 27, 2009.

1. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

heres a quick lesson in photography. No photoshop etc. I aint the techno type.
    First look at the lighting in the trees in the background. Looks to be high to the left. (Shot about 6:30 on the day of posting) this causes an ambient backlight as the trees are acting as a difuser. Note that the backside fin is not noticable this would indicate that the shot was taken from a low angle so as to precisley show the TRUE profile of the truck. . It was shot with a Nikon D-40 With a 18-55mm lense Set at mm (Wide angle) Flash on. From the low angle (in the ditch beside it approx. 8' ) this wash's out the shadowing under the center of the truck as well as numerous dents and misc. crappy body work. Note that as the light is filtering through the trees from left behind the truck ambient to the left of pic filtered semi direct to the right this helps side light the bottom of the garbage can. While the flash helps fill the front edges of the hood it leans against. This is called fill flash as an "Industry Term". . Let me know if you have any more questions.
    [​IMG]

2. stev8

stev8

Here's my contribution, Very modified chevy rear truck fender.
    Dont listen to the "doomsayers"!!
    I like it in a weird sort of way!!
    Do it!

Attached Files:

3. RichG

RichG

It's a bitchin' truck and I'd take it in a heartbeat.

4. 21tat

21tat

Damn wacky! I kinda like it. Paint it.

5. bigolds

bigolds

There has been more than a few jokes or hoaxes on this here board. Ya never know!!! Thanks for the pix....now get to work!!!!!

6. Are you the guy responsible for this or was the project already started ? The amount of body modifications is crazy. It`s like a 50`s show truck. I would love to see this trend blow up. Sure beats looking at all the 57 Chevys .

7. call me crazy but i dig it
    it might look awesome if you slammed it level to the ground
    right now its lookin like a scared cat backin up with its ass in the air.
    if it were level it would look like a full on cool sled
    cool truck though
    just my 2 cents
    good luck

8. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

I think if the caddy quarters arent completely dicked from attaching those rear fenders, I'd take the fenders off completely and move the caddy quarters out fleetside - esque. other than that, pretty much the same changes everyone else said.

9. chad

chad

The look of the 50's Chevy rear fenders does a lot to change the look..The side window loos a little small..I mean the gap between the bottom of the window to the body line looks huge...Maybe you could move the bottom of the window down and make the side window a little bigger getting rid of some of that huge space

10. budrow

budrow

Just cked my mail and saw the pics you posted,it looks real,thanks for the pics. Looks like someone did a good job on the top chop and thats a big pluse.I don't know what to tell you except good luck. If I could of picked it up the way you did I'd done it too.

11. Julio

Julio
    from san diego

if you are willing to use it get a 58-59 el camino bed, same look but, uh, better. or just ditch the whole rear. I kinda like it, its got potential, IL take it off your hands

12. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Well been playing with this thing for a while now. Let my boys have fun with it for last summer. They knocked some dents out and took it to the Unfinished nationals in Elma. got themselves a trophy.
    So far its been a blast to drive. i bought a quart of satin black rust stop from my local Ace hardware and a buddy and i threw it on with a roller and brush. (just for kicks and grins) not like its ever gonna be perfect. Found a set of six lig chrome reverse and put them on. That puts me into it about $200. took it to oregon last week and lost the clutch in McMinnville. I decided to yank the fourbanger/4 speed out and throw in the motor I had sittin on the stand for last 3 years. My friend said I had to keep it a 4 speed and brought me a saginaw he had laying around. We pulled a bell housing and clutch/flywheel out of a 67 Chebby van i got for $100 5 years ago and stuck all together. heres a couple shots after the first days work. Looks like it should work out pretty good and I am still low bux into it.
    I'll post some side shots once i get it outta the cave.

Attached Files:

13. Trukcrazy

Trukcrazy

It is the kinda vehicle that could grow on you. Looks like a Dream Truck inspired idea that didn't quite get to where it was going. The Caddy bed and headlight treatment is what makes it, just needs to be tied together better. Looking like a lot of fun with the new engine though. Keep us posted.

14. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Looking at that first picture of this truck I sooooo wanted to put on a Batman/Lone Ranger/Bad-guy-scarf-with-holes-in-it and take off driving like a madman through traffic like a real villain and go crazy with the responses!

I like it, and can see all sorts of fun potential with it. Have a blast and drive the wheels off of it!

15. bobjob55

bobjob55

look at your avatar .... it should fit your crowd .... , looking at the side shot ,, make fenders flow into body ......... around a 3" chop ??????? ...looks great .....
    looks better with that engine .... body needs a stripe around belt line ..

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  16. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

When I saw the first pics, I also thought "Dream TRuck"?
    I was alarmed, thought it was under the influence of yet another owner, who decided to 'upgrade' it a little further.

The last shots are a relief, what an improvement!
    (it no longer has the stigma of the "Advance Style" syndrome.)

17. HealeyRick

HealeyRick
    from Mass.

Just have Bruce Wayne drive it out for you!

18. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Actually my boys are trying to talk me into having the Batman emblem put on the doors.

19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll say this, you have made a bigger improvement on it than most guys ever thought could happen.
    It looks like fun now.

20. moefuzz

moefuzz

If a guy could fix the wide radius on the wheel openings, it might not look so odd.

I'm not a gm guy so it is not based on my favorite ingredients. But that doesn't stop a person from appreciating what's on the other side of the fence.

Irregardless of what camp I am from, to me the side profile looks wrong based on those 3 ton style wheel openings, and that is fixable.

-Fix that and even the other team might appreciate the execution of this thing.

just my humble opinion.

21. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Paint it black my friend and change wheels and tires ,Black walls and torque thrusts or raider .I do like it ,Just wrong color ,Dark blue would look good also ............Looks like you did looks alot better ,I would of went gloss.But its your truck ,Colors can make or break a build.........

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  22. moefuzz

moefuzz

23. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

body is still to rough for Gloss. Its pretty much a hack job. i been slowly getting it better, but i am stilll tore up a bit and dont push like I used too.

24. I liked it better when you first got it.
    I would like to put some fins on my truck but I think it would ruin the lines but I have seen a couple of people that have pulled it off.
    great work keep having fun.
    Wil you regret the engine swap???
    I wander how much it will take to cruise all day now.

25. rancid737

rancid737

I like matts idea with his beautifull photoshop work....cut some bulk out of the fenders and maybe go roadster pickup with it? Thats the one thing I dont like about international cabs, way to bubbly for me.

26. built2grind

built2grind

looks like something the "Penguin " from the batman movies would drive, I like it though.

27. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Add some fake patina and hit it with a hammer a few times and you got yourself a mighty fine rat rod...

28. 71buickfreak

71buickfreak
    from Oklahoma

I love it. Being different usually gets all the goofballs to insult it, but that is because they have no imagination.

29. McFly

McFly

I like it sorta...dude you should totally name it the "Nightmare Truck".

30. Needs more cowbell.