Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jag Susp. Removal ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mr.chevrolet, Jul 3, 2011.

1. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

i've got a 79 XJ6 and want to remove both front and rear suspensions for a project. can someone tell me what all is involved in their removal. thanks in advance.

2. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Pretty simple really. There are 4 major bolts holding the rear to the chassis. 2 on each side. Drop those 4 bolts the whole rear end drops down.

Attached Files:

3. Front is similar, but more bolts, plus the shocks and steering column rag joint or u-joint has to come apart.

4. 90ssp

90ssp
    BANNED
    from dallas, ga

5. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

thanks, but where all these bolts located?

6. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Sometimes you just have to get under the car.:D follow the link 90SSP sent you.

7. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

laughed my ass off.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That is the funiest thing all day

8. Smokey2

Smokey2

Yep ! He Had "a map"............And I tells Him,
    He should'nt be ago'in THERE !

But, Ya' know...........He went anyways !
    .......Damn !:D

9. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

those links dont seem to work. and i've been under the car and i must be missing some

10. They just unbolt, two large bolts in the front and four 3/8 bolts holding the rubber mount at the back of the front suspension, pulling the engine and trans is the hardest part of that. unbolt the drive shaft at the pinion and pull the four bolts that go through the frame at the rear, the control links have a rubber mount cut that from the frame if you are going to use it , you will need to get that goofy steering joint if you are going to use the rubber mounts, the brake lines and proportioning valve from the left fender inner panel.
    [​IMG]

11. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

worked for me... and really you need to get under there and comapre. motor mounts, steering column rag joint, brake lines, get the whole deriveshaft (mostly for the flange for the u-jont), trailing arms, parking brake cable. Lot's of stuff to undo, then just unbolt them.