Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I have to ask... how does it look?

2. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

How often does this happen? You run across a nice ad for one of your favorite oldies,
    and somebody has severely defaced the visual appeal while pulling it out of a magazine.:(
    How DIFFICULT would it be for one of you PhotoShop wizards to eradicate that awful
    vertical flaw in the middle here???:confused: THANKS in advance if you can remedy the problem.:cool::D

My wife's dad had a '57 Premiere just like this, down to the color. Though he traded it off
    in '62 because he thought the fins made it look dreadfully out of style, he never stopped
    bragging about the 368 hi-compression motor's getaway power and stump-pulling torque
    (same engine as the Mark II and the elite Turnpike Cruiser:cool:). At 4,660 lbs, it would, he said,
    bury most other cars on the road and "pass everything BUT a gas station"! LOL:p

[​IMG]

3. Russian

Russian

here You go, Jimmi

Attached Files:

4. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

THANKS, Russian, quite an improvement. It was a low-res image anyway, but you made it look a lot better by fixing that GASH up the middle! THANKS AGAIN!

5. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

Here it is abit more cleaned up [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  6. Jay Ess

Jay Ess
    from New York

Thanks James!

7. Manche

Manche

8. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

took a better picture from the side. this might help in doing a lowering job. I am undecided about doing the roof in white or darker burgandy pearl..

[​IMG]

Thanks for the help....

9. llewellyn

llewellyn

Hi guys . I am working on this 4 door hudson. What i am thinking of doing, is to replace the turret skin on this with a flatter skin, rather than choping the window area. Also i will be adding front and rear rolled pans to give the look of the car being lowered further. Could some one please do a photoshop on this one thanks. I have put 3 pics up but only need 1 done.
    llewellyn

Attached Files:

10. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

THANKS, Btrsweet/James! You and Russian brought back that Premiere image from a sad state. And you, James, even snapped up the color, too! 'Til now, my wife didn't have a good image of the car she remembered as a little girl, from age 4 to 8, just hazy "pieces" in family album snapshots. HUGE THANKS!

11. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

Quick n dirty lowered.
    [​IMG]

Dark Top
    [​IMG]

Light Top
    [​IMG]

If it were mine
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  12. You'll likely get a better respomse if you post some bigger pictures, 800 x 600 or 1600 x 1200 pixels. They probably don't need to be any larger than that though. A good straight on side shot for chopping or lowering and a straight shot of the front and rear for the roll pans. Fill the frame with the car but leave a little space around the borders, like you did with your side shot. :D

13. n847

n847

14. I have a '62 Ranchero. Tried to post pic. Would like to see one with extended cab. May be one from a ranger extended cab inserted. Thanks Ken N.

15. No offense but, yuck. I just don't see that working on a falcon. Maybe something using the coupes rear windows, an extended wheel base...

Here's a quicky to show what I mean... It doesn't look too bad. I'm just not a
    big fan of this 'trend' of making extended cabs out of old truck. That's just me tho...

Attached Files:

16. That is U G L Y . not what I had in m mind. Wanted a Ranchero with the cab taken away and a Ranger cab added. That maybe ugley also but. Thanks Ken N.

17. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Some extended cabs can look good, I've seen a few, but I have to say that you should never ever use a late model extended cab side window, it never looks right, it doesn't fit any of the body lines ever, and it looks exactly like what it is, a Ranger extended cab window on a Falcon... Jigger's idea of using existing similar vintage Ford parts is the way to go, then it will look more like it is supposed to be there.

18. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

If I was to make one it would look like this might not go with the blue but WTF it looks ok :D.

removed it

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  19. What do ya want for free???

Thanks LN7 NUT, I'm glad you "get it."
    Your absolutely correct, not that mine is the solution but, the thought of using late model parts in a vintage body,.... I just don't get it.
    Think I'll go back to drawing for a living....

20. nexxussian

nexxussian

21. I'm sorry I'm not ungreatful for FREE. Yuck and ugly. The same. almost repeated your words. Thanks again and I mean Thanks.I do appriciate it!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  22. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

LOL, As I have found in the past wile posting things here appreciation is not something that you will get from most here. Few are nice and will say thank you. Guess it comes with age you just get blunt and nasty :D. LoL Might also be that after you get blunt and nasty it just makes ya old. who knows

23. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

sounds like an old girlfriend of mine :D
    You're right though, a thank you is kinda nice after you spend 20+ hours over a few days working on someones idea. It doesn't bug me though, I just look at each piece of work as a learning experience. Maybe one day I'll get good enough to do it full time for money and quit my job as a photo editor for Playboy. :rolleyes: :D

24. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

LOL ...,Blunt I can deal with if she is nasty in a good way :D :D :D

Well 20 hours or 20 minits. A thanks is nice. I like using P/S and have for many years, but if I cant do something and ask another to do it for me I say thanks.

Hehe. photographer for playboy I might be jealous. Photo editor for them ?? hum well kinda like having google at work I guess? and to top it off I don't want to see them unedited.

25. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

lol

26. Nick O

Nick O
    from Ohio

I posted on another thread looking for help photoshopping my old pu and someone suggested I post a pic of the truck on this thread and perhaps someone could help so im giving it a try. I want to keep the black wheels and tires and want a primer or suede (satin) paint job. If some of you guys that are handy at photoshop could please give me a couple of ideas i would appreciate it. Any color or combos would be appreciated

Attached Files:

27. Little Terry

Little Terry

Can I just say that I think your truck looks really sweet. Do you have a build thread? It would look cool in a pastel blue or a vintage cream I think.

28. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

Did this one fast I will have more time later will do a few other colors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

Here is a few more.

[​IMG]

30. OahuEli