Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Walter P. Chrysler would be proud of my buddy---BCR

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Jul 2, 2011.

1. CustomDave

CustomDave

Wow, now I can't believe I have never stopped in that town. Normally when passing through to Colorado I stop in Hays for gas, snacks, and to stretch the legs a bit. Maybe next time I will drive a few more miles down the road and stop take a look around Ellis.

2. butch27

butch27

3. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Pov, This car thing it is !!!!about people, You just showed us one......and you are one thanks for being such a cool one Gord

4. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

wtf?

Does your Boss know you are off visiting friends and taking photos when you should be in Salina helping some poor old Colonel with his last dying breath?

and how come you always make a comment about the women? Dirty Old Man!

thanks for the tour of BCR. I look forward to seeing Mike at Salina, if I make the trip.

Mike, I am a thirsty soul and there is a big canyon to fill, so you best find a secret tuner of your own.

5. wizzard23

wizzard23

Another great thread, Flats. Thank you. We did visit the Chrysler home once, many years ago.

6. BCR

BCR

All this talking of trash! Secret tune on the limo! I am starting to get nervous!

7. wizzard23

wizzard23

I bet there was a cold one in the fridge. I'll have to get you a key.

8. Now I know BCR has produced many show winning and Magazine cars but that is nothing until he gets Povertyflats coverage... Congrats Mike to the Big Time!!!

So Paul... you drove all that way down there and no ride...and no pictures of food? WTH??

You might have to de-tune the limo a bit so you don't discourage the competition and study up on some videos...

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mKNB6dyp4Ts" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When my fiance saw this video she smiled and said that the car went to the perfect owner and it's great to see the amount of miles and smiles that car brings!

9. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Man that kid sure looks like his dad in that video----clone. :D

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  10. BCR

BCR

We missed a few things on your visit. Maybe next time.

A few thoughts,

#1 I have started to save money for the beer. Ha Ha
    #2 I really need to clean, damn that shop looks disorganized and dirty!
    #3 I just got done moving my mother -in-law to the new house, I ain't 25 anymore.
    #4 I am looking forward to the show and hanging out with Paul and his entourage.

11. You only have to do number 1... because if you have enough Beer you can have your friends sweep up the shop floor... and help your Mother in law move... and it gets you instant entry to the Povertflats entourage.

12. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I also liked this old sign that was in the shop.

Attached Files:

• 38.JPG
      38.JPG
      File size:
      77.1 KB
      Views:
  13. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

To me, Mike's story was not all that different than Walter's.
    He left the farm (nearby) with a small tool box in his hand and started working on cars like it was his destiny.....

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  14. BCR

BCR

I think Walter maybe made a little more money building cars.

There are some intresting storys floating around about Walter. According to some old timers he was a gambler. Lost a car in a card game before he left town.

My Mom is a real craftsman when it comes to installing wall paper. She was hired to put the period wall paper in the Walter P boyhood home about 10 years ago. A huge job to remove all the incorrect wall paper and install the period paper. I helped her strip the walls but she cut and installed all the paper herself.

I had not really paid a lot of attention to the museum, you know it is right across the street, how cool could it be? Well it is pretty neat! We went over after a garage tour came to town this spring. We had a great group of people tour the shop from Nebraska and they came back from the museum talking about how neat it was. I was a little embaressed because I had never taken my kids there. We went that morning, pretty cool to see where a guy from small town Kansas can go with a big enough dream!

You keep talking about a small tool box. Too funny. I walked into this shop 9 years ago with a small tool box and a binks model 7 paint gun. It seems like a million years ago and yesterday at the same time. I did't show you my tool box but I will post a pic of what I started with.

15. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Because I like women.....
    They are really cool and stuff.;)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  16. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Cool story Mike!
    And I will visit the museum home next trip. Cuzzindeke is always bugging me about coming to see you so we will be back.

17. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

another cool thing

Attached Files:

• 39.JPG
      39.JPG
      File size:
      74.1 KB
      Views:
  18. home alone for the weekend look the hell out table set for two haulin queens in the scary mobile possibly unaccounted for at dark...

new meanin to.... in de pen dants dey

19. ricksherl

ricksherl

Paul, you have found half of your calling in cars and trades , but when words come out sooo easily you should be getting paid. you are the huckleberry fin of all car guy's. roberts marilyn isn't comming to KKOA, and i don't want to make the drive by myself , but we will see you in joplin

20. A Shelby in a Hot-Rod Shop !!! WTH ???>>>>.

21. Cool story but as I started to read the multiple post I started to think of Burma Shave.:D HRP

22. BCR

BCR

Don't hold it against me. I know how some of those guys who own those kinds of cars can be.;)

23. BCR

BCR

Ha Ha

Or was it just the fact that I really needed to shave in the pic Paul took of me?:D

24. Abomb

Abomb

I really need to swing by there one of these days....Mike, why don't you guys come to Norton this weekend, Saturday only show with drags at the airport starting @ 4:30 .....

25. sololobo

sololobo

Thanx Pov, I can just stay home and live thru your great trips and treasure hunts. You would have to tease me with a picture of a thrift store I can't shop. I love that sweet roadster that is going to kick your booty at Salina, takin bets and given odds!! ~sololobo~

26. BCR

BCR

I would love to but I am out of town.

Stop by anytime though.

27. BCR

BCR

I have bought some neat stuff in the thrift shop.

Hopefully I can get the right tune on the olds to get past the limo. He can pull the front wheels you know.:D

28. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Hey Paul, you need body guards in Salina? WTF. HAHA.
    Really though, maybe you should change your name to PositivelyFlats. Be well. Slim

29. Mike. Im glad your wife mentioned the Chrysler home when we were down there this winter, it was cool to see it and I picked up a couple cool Plymouth patches for buddies up north here in Yankee land Nebraska! They reminded me of the old Sox&Martin patches of old. I wish I could be there when your buddy brings some "scrap" metal next time! That lube station you have is absolutely KILLER! See you in Salina!!!;)

30. Mike, I forgot to mention that as one of Povertys bodyguards, I feel obligated to give you diplomatic immunity, seeings how you are an international star hot rod builder.:D