Register now to get rid of these ads!

Butt weld/"Intergrip" clamps

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dale Fairfax, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Went to H.F. this morning to buy an Umbrella to replace the one broken at the Road Rocket's Rumble. While there I looked in the Welding Dept. and, lo and behold, they had buttweld clamps in stock. $8.00 for a pack of 8. The Eastwood catalog that arrived a few days ago had them 4 for 30.00. I'm sure that either one is an offshore item.

2. electromet

electromet
    from Tucson, AZ

Dale,

The butt clamps are a real "hit-or-miss" item. The stores in the Tucson area have been without for a while now. They aren't even listed in the online store. Congrats on your find. I guess I'll have go take a look later today.

Mike

3. 73RR

73RR

Buy a few extra and offer them to the tin benders here that can't find them....

4. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

I find them every now and then but most of the time they are out of stock. I have a few packs of them in the tool box and they work great.

5. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

never used them, harber freight ya?

6. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Yep, my local harbor freight is hit or miss on them as well. I bought a few packs the last time I was there. I'm pretty sure that eastwood and HF get them form the same sweatshop in China though. Just depends if you're lucky enough to stumble across them at HF for a buck a piece.

7. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Berlin, CT..Has a pile of them..As of Monday..

8. Twisted6

Twisted6

You can make these your self vary easy with some 1/4 square stock 1in square box screws or bolts and wing nuts and some thin sheet metal. (.035 -.040 ) I bought 1 set from eastwood and made my own from there. Now i maybe have at least 50 plus around of different sizes. They are vary easy to make.

9. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

It's a crapshoot to find them around here, but when they are on the shelf I snatch them up. I probably have 10 unopened sets in the bottom drawer of the toolbox.

10. fbcoach68

fbcoach68
    from SOCAL

My Harbor Freight always has them in stock. PM me if you want me to get some for you. I will sell and ship for cost. Be advised my sales tax is 9.75%.

11. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

You really don't need these things, at least not for bodywork. I seldom use clamps of any kind at all. It is far easier to weld without them once you know how.

David

12. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Not in stock here either. I have seen them 2 times and cleaned them out both times. Also Alex Gambino on here sells them. I bought 20 or so from his wife at one of the shows a while back.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  13. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

$8.00 for a pack of 8.

That easy?

14. movingviolation

movingviolation

$8.00 for 8!!!! holy smokes there never around here..... i may have to get hooked up for some of those!!

15. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

I never had luck with them.The gap is too big and i used .023 wire!I used little craft store magnets to hold the panels when i restored my 62 galaxie xl.

16. jonathan

jonathan
    from Phoenix,AZ

Yup. Tape is easier to use, easier to find and cheaper.

17. Twisted6

Twisted6

Is this a question????

18. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Sure looks like a question. And a legitimate one at that.

I would definitely pay the $8 before setting down to make them.

19. Machobuck

Machobuck

I would rather buy a 30$ cleco set. I hate butt weld clamps

20. Twisted6

Twisted6

I like my cleco's to. I don't really have a problem making them for those who would want them But @ 8 for 8.?=a buck a peice ? i would consider maybe 2-3 bucks a peice.But i would have to check priceing for all that is needed to make these..
    I'm not set-up like those guys (HF eastwood who make or buy Large amounts of stuff and deal with china lol ) Now if those that wanted these, band together and sent me what is needed this could help.

I know 4-30 is way to much in my book that is why i had made my own Manys yrs ago after buying the first small over priced first set. But anyway i'll try and help you guys with these the best i can.

21. movingviolation

movingviolation

Anyone who has access to these able to score me a couple sets? We don't have H/F here...

thanks!

22. rougebeats

rougebeats

I have a ton of NEW sets or individuals I'll sell for cheap for those that cant find them at their local HF. Send me a PM