Register now to get rid of these ads!

History NHRA Junior Stock

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by colesy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Chuck Norton

Chuck Norton
    from Division 7

I believe that there would be substantive issues with trying to move the entire thread from one domain to another. That doesn't mean, however, that this thread has to disappear unless criticism of the moderators and the guidelines eventually leads to punitive action against the thread. It can continue to exist, accept contributions, and make an important contribution to the historical record of pre-1964 Junior Stockers if we exercise some restraint.

The moderator has already suggested that posts and pictures of post-1964 vintage be directed elsewhere. That proposal seems logical to me so I've suggested to Colsey that we explore that possibility. The greatest loss of all would be for that which is included in the original thread to be locked away from the contributors and future readers.

Establishing another domain and setting up a new message board is one of those things that can't be done overnight, especially by people who aren't particularly computer savvy but I'm betting that we can figure it out. We are the people who made Junior Stock work, we can make this work!

Don't forget, NHRA tried to kill Junior Stock 40 years ago this December. They made a dent but we're all still here keeping the memories alive and within the past year the association has reinstated the Tri-Fives to elgibility in Stock Eliminator. We've only just begun!

c

2. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

I PMed Ryan yesterday about moving it to the Dogfight site and he said it could'nt be done. Did'nt ask about a social group.
    [​IMG]

3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

4. Bob W

Bob W
    from Here

And now back To Jr. Stockers . I found this on the net but I can't remember where.

[​IMG]

5. 67 W-30

67 W-30
    from N.E. Ohio

Heres an old Gene Dunlap pic --Branded Blue -- 62 409 car.

Attached Files:

6. 67 W-30

67 W-30
    from N.E. Ohio

Branded Blue - Gene Dunlap - Magnolia OH dragstrip

Attached Files:

7. 67 W-30

67 W-30
    from N.E. Ohio

Please send a link to this site so i can share some 442 pix?

8. 67 W-30

67 W-30
    from N.E. Ohio

Kincaid & Hartman Plum Loco

Attached Files:

9. 67 W-30

67 W-30
    from N.E. Ohio

Bill Ersham Stude! Pix courtesy of Tom Kasch!

Attached Files:

10. 67 W-30

67 W-30
    from N.E. Ohio

Colesy - congrats for hitting 500 pages! U da man!!! Keep up the good work. I'll be right here watchin!
    Thanks for everything!!
    Tweed

11. kjcroker

kjcroker
    from Pittsburgh

Dick Kincaid Still has that 56 and it still the same but he uses it as a street car now

12. novadude

novadude

If this discussion starts up on another site, please post the link. This was always the first place I went when coming to the HAMB. I would really love to see it start up again somewhere where we could see more of the '64-72 model year stockers.

13. Paul Ceasrine

Paul Ceasrine
    from Wilton, CT

Post #9973,

That of Lance Hill from 1967.
    Running B/S at St. Thomas Dragway, Ontario, Canada
    1957 Corvette
    283/283HP, Fuel Injection
    Car weight: 2737 lbs.
    Wt/hp = 9.67
    Car fit perfectly in B/Stock (9.50 - 10.59 wt/hp)

Ran against 1967 Z-28 Camaro', 1967 440 GTX cars,
    1967 4-4-2's and 1967 GTO's.
    Those little 283 Fuelies would fly.

Good photo.
    pc

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  14. 67 W-30

67 W-30
    from N.E. Ohio

He dont get rid of "nuthin"!! Hes still got his nationals winning Nova too! I was in the Army with him! This Plum Loco car (at the time of this pic) had the rearend system and the Stahl headers that came off of my Sedan Delivery after i rolled and crashed it. I sold the stuff to him before i sent the SD to the baler!! UGH!!

15. biscaynes

biscaynes

great picts tweed! i see you finally caught up with some picts of ehrsam's stude. thks! :cool:

16. 67 W-30

67 W-30
    from N.E. Ohio

Dave - I forgot who it was that wanted some pix of his Stude? Musta been you?

17. Gary Glover

Gary Glover

18. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Let's go for another 500!!!!! Butch/56sedandelivery.

19. Lost Creep

Lost Creep
    from Indiana

Congratulations Colesy!
    By starting this thread you have brought so much happiness to so many people. If someone had a rough day at work or just a hard day in general, I do believe this thread has the ability to lift anyone's spirits.
    A person can read this thread and go back in time and get such a lift - because I know they are proud that they chose to participate in the Junior Stock Class and thankful that it happened during an unbelievable era - whether as a racer or a fan.

So many "good people" have contributed on here...its amazing! :)
    I think as this thread was progressing, that 99 percent of the members on here kept their nose clean with their post's not just out of respect for this thread but out of respect for you. I know you probably don't believe that- but I do.
    Thanks again Colesy!

Eddie

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  20. :cool: Hey Colesy, Thank'n you so very much for starting this thread so long ago and it is a very enjoyable trip down memory lane. I hope it continues ! Peace,,, moosie :)

21. the kidd 48

the kidd 48

you are rite very station had a dragcar and lots had stockcar to go with. we had a c/gas plymouth pu 3 409 62 chevys 63 421 poncho 63 427 ford 61 starliner out of ower amaco station and out of ower tennco station we had 2 dirt cars 55 chevy late model and 37 ford modfied. they was the days stock car race sat nite drag race sunday. billy the kid bender

22. Lost Creep

Lost Creep
    from Indiana

Steve,
    You have got to have a ton of time invested in this list since you first started it :eek:.
    Many Many Thanks!

Eddie

23. I'll second that motion ...."Racing Pulse" was a neat magazine and I'm happy to say I have 5 or 6 of them. They are great resources for the local tracks that I went too like Sparta, Grend Bend and Windsor.

24. LEW BECKER

LEW BECKER

ALL AMERICAN DRAGS MAGAZINE-JUNE,1967 ISSUE:
    DELMAR DRAGWAY PHOTO FEATURE:
    GEORGE VESTAL-POPPYCOCK-283/220 WAGON
    AL LEWIS-C/S 409 CAR
    LEN BENNETT-NEVEREADY( AGAIN,NOTICE REAR MOUNTED TRACTION BARS LIKE FORD FACTORY WAS TRYING)
    BOBBY BUCKLES-MOUNTAIN DEW-G/S CAR RUNNING D/G
    LOIS MILLER CAR SHOWEN-ANY INFO ON HER?-ROSS GILBERT BALANCED MOTOR-GILBERT HAD AMX CAR.
    IF ANYBODY CAN ENLARGE THIS PLEASE TRY OR LET ME KNOW HOW TO!
    :cool:

Attached Files:

25. WGuy

WGuy
    from Central NJ

Is this what you wanted?
    [​IMG]

I double clicked on the thumbnail, then did "save as" to my hard drive, then resized it to 800x640, then uploaded it to my Photobucket acct. and attached it as an image.

Verne:)

Once you have it on your hard drive, you can edit it, such as croping for a particular portion of the picture, then resizing again. Such as:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  26. kjcroker

kjcroker
    from Pittsburgh

Hello I got the fender well headers on but now the tall tires hit one of pipes when i hit a bump.Does anyone know if you can still buy ball joint spacers new and if so were Thank You Keith

27. Hey brother....I don't have a 1969 issue....for the record the issues I have are:

Oct. 1967
    Feb-March 1968
    July-Aug. 1968
    Nov. 1968
    Dec-Jan 1968

I picked mine up thru a collector in Dorchester but I do know another guy in London that has copies.....we'll touch base to see what issues he has.

28. TMcCrea

TMcCrea
    from Maryland

This was at a time when the Army had me out of the country, however I knew most of the cars.

Al Lewis was well known at Delmar and Cecil County for his 409 car and later a 396 '67 Chevelle.

Leonard Bennett probably took the 409 out of his '59 stocker, which he claimed was a 348, and built a legal car.

Lois Miller was the wife of Henry who later raced an Anglia. Don't think she ever drove, that was just her side of the car!

The Buckles car must have been correctly classified on that day.

When I first saw Everett Elliott in 1965 he was running a Herny J in C/G

Attached Files:

29. 56 Pontiac I/SA

56 Pontiac I/SA
    from Maryland

Keith, I doubt if ball-joint spacers will correct the (interference) problem you're having. The installation of spacers won't increase the (static) height of your car. The purpose of (upper) ball-joint spacers to is to allow the front suspension to lift higher (roughly proportionate to the width of the spacer) before the upper control arm comes in contact with the upper 'rebound' rubber-bumper/'snubber.' The idea of the ball-joint spacer is to increase upward suspension TRAVEL. A simple fix for your problem would be to space the LOWER-control-arm mounted bumper/'snubber' higher so that it comes in contact with the frame BEFORE the tire contacts the tubing.

30. Wagonmaster2

Wagonmaster2

Steve is correct. You might try smaller front tires, I had to do that on my '69 'Cuda 383 with Hooker fenderwell headers. One size did it for me.