Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 Ford Radiator for suicide front end.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustycoupe, Jun 28, 2011.

1. rustycoupe

rustycoupe
    from England

I am building a 32 Ford with a suicide front end. I need a radiator that is around 2" shorter than stock, but has all the mounting brackets in the stock locations, I don't need a trans cooler either.

Can anyone tell me where I can either buy one off the shelf or have one made.

Many thanks.

2. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is the grill shell chopped or is it stock height ?

3. WE used to use radiators out of jeeps and fork trucks. It won't have everything in the perfect location but that is what we did.

If you want everything in the stock location you either need to get a duece radiator and have it shortened or have one custom made.

4. Fenders

Fenders

What happened to do-it-yourself? Get anything that fits and put your own brackets on "in stock location"....

5. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've used several shortened radiators from Walker. They offer 1/2/3 inch shortened deuce radiators and they have the brackets on them.

6. I just used a tow-motor radiator, maybe too short for your application but its 5 row!

7. alchemy

alchemy

Tell us how you found the tow-motor radiator. Did you look it up in a catalog at a parts store? Did the catalog show dimensions?

8. Alchemy
    I have had good luck finding them at equipment yards/vendors in the past. Things are no doubt different these days but at least 10 years ago you could normally go to a place that sold and or repaired them and usually find one used that was suitable.

The last one I had I found at a local radiator shop, that was about '02 or '03 I was in there getting a radiator recored for a buddy and saw it over in the corner. I said hey is that a hyster radiator and the guy said yea. We talked a bit and he said he would take 100.00 for it. I handed him the cash and left with it. Within a month someone needed it and there it was.

All that may be because this is a larger city but that is how I usually come by them.

9. try a 28/29 radiator they are around 2inches shorter i think... i used that for my 31 cuz i cut my 32 shell about 1 3/4

10. rustycoupe

rustycoupe
    from England

Ok, Thanks HAMBERS for your replies, I should have been clearer, the Grill shell is stock height, I need to gain a couple of inches down the bottom so I can be sure that theAxle doesn't hit the Radiator when I go down one of our many Potholes.
    Also I can't find the short Radiators on the Walkers web site.

Attached Files:

11. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

i know spadaro (an alliance vendor) carries them as a friend of mine bt one there. check with him, you'll find him very knowledgeable and helpful.

12. oldolds

oldolds

If you go to a good radiator shop they have a good catalog. With all the sizes and good line drawings of the radiators. These will be for most things that have radiators from the 1960's and newer.

13. rustycoupe

rustycoupe
    from England

Thank you all so much, however there is something I have missed out, I am from the UK, we don't have the same standard of Hot Rod shops as you lucky people do, most stuff is to order, very little is kept in stock and that radiator would be an unusual item over here, can someone send me a link to the page that they are on on the Walkers site please.

14. I bought out an old guys stuff and it was on the shelf...sorry, wish I could be more help!

[​IMG]