Register now to get rid of these ads!

Home From Joplin to a true barn find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chadman, Aug 23, 2010.

1. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Any special reason why the caddy was parked for 30 years?

2. The old caddys looked so cool , great find,,,,,

3. mullskull

mullskull

4. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Very Very Kool Indeed! Congrats !!

5. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Very Very Kool Indeed!

6. chadman

chadman
    from illinois

guy was going to restore it! he was a farmer and never got to it! He put it on jack stands and took the back seat out and that was it! threw a bunch of feed sacks on it! thats about it!

7. chadman

chadman
    from illinois

caddy is cleaning up well, but engine is being a bitch! have heads off and motor is still stuck, planning on taking motor out now and going threw it all! Hope to have it done and ready for the pile-up,

8. Deadbird

Deadbird

That's awesome! Mitch needs to see this comment. :D

That Caddy is sweet. Just one more added to the stable. You'll need to recuit some drivers to get all your cars to the Pile Up.

9. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Nice...the way we like to find them.

10. sololobo

sololobo

Hey Bro, check your p.m.'s, I sent you notice that Poverty Flats on the forum is selling a rebuilt Caddy mill at a super price. Would be cool if this works out. It was in the classifieds here. ~Sololobo~

11. chadman

chadman
    from illinois

Thanks for the help boys! Motor is still being a bitch, going to try a couple more things before I get a new engine, but thanks for the info on that, I will forsure keep that in mind sololobo! I do need to get some guys to drive all my cars to the pile-up deadbird! more thank likely they will all break down and the 37 coupe will make it like usuall and there will be fifteen people in a two seater coupe going to decatur!

12. chadman

chadman
    from illinois

caddy runs great now, but I am in need of a 58 radiator, had to put all new rings in the engine cause they were stuck bad, but now motor runs perfect, but the radiator is the big hold up now, the local radiator shop says it in to bad of shape to repair, unless I wanna spend over $500, I don't want to spend that much at all! ah the joy of old cars

13. You need to find another radiator shop. There's no reason a new radiator should cost over $500. Are the tanks salvageable? I needed a new core for my '51 and it cost under $200 15 years ago to have it recored with the correct style straight fin type. I don't think it should cost twice what I paid then.

14. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Any up to date pics? I'd like to see how it cleaned up.

15. tcb-1

tcb-1

x2!

16. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

17. chadman

chadman
    from illinois

Thats what I thought about the radiator also, this dude is a really good guy also, he just didn't want to mess with it I guess! I can't get pics loaded! its still just a original paint car, I will try to get some smaller pics up soon!

18. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

19. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

real cool find. Id love to start with an all original car someday

20. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Sweet find!
    Good for you..
    Cheers...........

21. chadman

chadman
    from illinois

got the radiator fixed today by an old farmer who does radiators and sprayer tanks! Charged me $45! I can't believe the other guys wanted like $500, glad I live in the country where old boys still do good cheap work, and really it looks great! he said if I have any problems to bring it back no charge! very happy!

22. erlomd

erlomd

Good deal on that radiator...but what we all want to see is some pics of her cleaned up...you know, after the bath...it hits a nerve over here with some of us..the radio show is fine but pictures say a thousand words....great find and of course keep us posted

23. I know a great radiator guy if ya need one! Put a late model core in my 1942 tanks.NEVER gets hot even when I was racin with a 377 sbc! R~R

24. x 42

25. chadman

chadman
    from illinois

here are a couple I have, nothing to great, the car isn't a show queen by any means, just an original caddy, and thats the way I wanna keep it! it has two rust holes, and one rip in the headliner, the car only has 59,000 miles on it! should have some pics by end of the week on here maybe of the car going down the road! it has been a bit of a pain this car, but I think well worth it in the end! can't wait to run it! Should be at the hunnert car pile up this year, its my mom art display car, marywattyeadon.com check it out!

Attached Files:

26. Sauli

Sauli

27. erlomd

erlomd

That looks very very cool...thanks for the pics...cleaned up real nice. Good luck on the rest of the build and keep us all posted!
    I also looked at the website above....that's real talent! amazing work!

28. chadman

chadman
    from illinois

thanks yeah, I have a pretty cool mother! she is amazing at what she does, heading out now to put the radiator in!

29. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

Hey Toad, Is that you in that Beautiful machine? Wow what a find!!!