Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need an 37 -41 I beam expert!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pridesman, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Pridesman

Pridesman
    from Texas

I have a 37 -41 ford wish bone setup that i have split. I have miked the spindles and they are in good shape. I have mustang II disk brakes set up off a 1978 granda that i want to use.

but it will not fit the spindle ...so I figure i have two options...machine the spindles and add a sleave to accept the larger diameter rotor....or see if there a spindle "kit" that will fit the I Beam dimensions. Does anyone know of a spindle that will accept mustang II rotors and fit the stock I beam. I can make the disk brake brackets with the plasma and some time. I use GM brakes to keep the cost down. i am just lost on what spindle to use on the stock Ibeam :confused:

Please PM if you have a solution...thanks in advance.

Jacob "TLR" Martinez

San Antonio, Texas

2. dorksrock

dorksrock

You should be able to use a stock 37-41 spindles. There will be a spacer thing that you will have to put on your spindles for the inner bearings. Speedway should have what your looking for.

3. 31Apickup

31Apickup

I haven't seen a kit to use Mustang II or Granada rotors on a 37-48 Ford spindle. To get the 4.5" bolt circle, a Volare rotor is used with a press on spacer. There are several kits some use the GM metric caliper and others use the bigger GM caliper. I think the basic caliper mount is specer sells for about $100.