Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need a GM Alternator in Charlestown, WV ASAP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jaime Oaks, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Jaime Oaks

Jaime Oaks

I need a typical GM alt. in Charlestown, Harpers Ferry area of WV. Late 60s to mid 80s ought to work would like to have it tonite. My 53' Suburban is broken down along 340 in Harpers Ferry, WV, Would like to get it fixed tonite. My Cell # is 614-348-6107
    Thanks Jaime Oaks

2. swissmike

swissmike

Haven't auto parts stores reached West Virginia by now?

3. cookiemonster131

cookiemonster131

Sorry guys, short fuse tonight.... good luck getting back on the road

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  4. The OP never asked for help, all he said was he needed and alt. There is a big difference in how you ask.

5. BUMP for the guy who (in my words) NEEDS HELP BECAUSE HE BROKE DOWN IN A STATE THAT HE DOES NOT LIVE IN.

You might want to be a little clearer as to what type of alt you are needing. In the late sixties until somewhere around '73 the alt had an external regulator, after that they were internal.

6. Jaime Oaks

Jaime Oaks

Thanks for the help guys, I was just being a tight ass and did not want to pay $50.00 for a new 1 especially when I only have about 10 laying around @ home, and yes I know there were different ones, like I think '72 was a 1 year only w/ a different type of plug, blah, blah, blah. That is why I said typical GM alt I knew guys that knew anything @ all would know what I was talking about. But no biggie, I got it and back @ work today in lovely Harpers Ferry, WV, heading to the Sprint Car races tonite @ Hagerstown!
    Thanks
    Jaime