Register now to get rid of these ads!

'60 Cadillac On Bags, Finally!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tcb-1, Apr 17, 2011.

1. tcb-1

tcb-1

you know what gang? I took her for a spin around town tonight and I don't think I'll need shocks up front. the ride was so smooth and not one bit bouncy, and this was with very little pressure in the bags. I still need to make a final decision, but for now the shocks up front may wait.

by the way, a very cool forum member "kadillackid" from New Zealand sent me a shit load of pics on how he mounted front shocks on his '59. good info and insight. thanks again mate!!

2. lowlife matt

lowlife matt

Simply Beautiful! Perfect! Im not trying to be Dr knowitall MD PHD, but you gotta run shocks. you may not know it or feel it but your tires are going to bounce like basket balls... (looks goofy to the people outside watching your car go by). Shocks are a must... If you google Image air ride shock mounts, use similar size gm vehicles or suspension set ups. Youll find someone thats already figured out the problem. Also a shock with a stud upper mount is better for custom applications. It will allow a little swivel at all sides. The shortest stud shock you can get right over the counter from places like AutoZone is for a 68 Plymouth Furry. They collapse down to 8" and have 14" of travel, there also real skinny. I use em on every thing and there only like 20 bones. Good luck man, and if i havent said it already, you car is is TITS!

3. sololobo

sololobo

B-friggin-utiful, I am knocked out, it don't get any better than that. Thanx for showing the sweet ride. ~sololobo~

4. DANNY JR

DANNY JR

Wow! That cad is bad ass!

5. T.L.

T.L.
    from Colorado

The '60 is my favorite Cadillac, bar none (everyone else likes the '59), and that one is gorgeous...

6. farmer12

farmer12

Awesome looking Caddy! Perfect.

7. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

a big heavy veichle will get away w/ no shocks a lot more than a light one.
    For x. a falcon would feel like a hopper if rode w/ no shocks, a caddy wouldnt, but think this: highway speeds, big hole in the concrete, loads of bouncin and countersteering to keep the car on he road.
    I always say this, its such an easy job there really is no excuse not to run them, altough you will hear loads of people saying they arent necessary.
    Just my 2c worth.

8. damn thats a long bitch. reminds me of that quiot riot song

9. Eight433

Eight433

Ok, keyboard cowboy, how bout you draw up some prints or show us some pictures then? On a double A-arm, yea, it's easy. On this type of cad, not so much.

10. I love the look! Are you gonna leave it like that?

11. senior fried

senior fried

Over the Top !

12. thats fuckin bitchin

13. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

Doug I fully expect to be drooling on this at Goodguys this year!!!

14. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

youre kiddin right? i thought you posted this picture.
    Do you really consider this so difficult its better not not run shocks?
    and aint that a double a arm set up? or by double a arms you mean tubolar w/out strut rod lower?
    cause here theres a strut rod lower right?
    Im not caddy expert but relocating shocks aint that big of a deal.