Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 223 Dyno Results

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clintonvillian, Jun 24, 2011.

1. clintonvillian

clintonvillian
    BANNED

OK, Ive seen tons of posts on here with no numbers. I spoke to cliffords about there 223 setup. The guy said that they typically get 320 ft/lbs of torque using there setup (weber carb, intake, exhaust manifold, shaving the head, their cam, and their valves). The guy didnt have a horsepower number for me though.

Does anyone have any numbers on a "built" 223? I'm going for the "cool" factor. I love the plat plat tractorish sound of the old six, and its originality to My 56 F100. BUT I want people to look at it and go, ohh its a inline small six, thats cool and then be able to wow them by burning the tires off.

I plan on a T5 with at least a 3:73 rear end.

Please save your opinions, I'm looking for facts from guys who own and drive 223's.

Thanks.

2. reverendjim

reverendjim

my 60 f 100 is all about torq hoursepower is not a factor it is all about torq with these engines they are tractor motors esentally i also have a 59 edsel with a 223 the same that is why they all 4 11 gears in there rear ends to pull stumps! they are bullit proof but you might rethink 3.73 even with a .72 to one that you will get with the t5 in 5th gear you want to drive this truck then you need to keep her around 2500 rpm s for longevity and drivablility

3. clintonvillian

clintonvillian
    BANNED

If my calculations are right...... 28" Tire, 3.73 Diff, .72 Overdrive leaves you spinning that motor at under 2450 rpms for 75mph....... Think thats still too high? I mean this is gonna be a driver, probably see 100 miles of interstate a week? BTW do you think I'll have any problems smoking the rear tires with this set up???