Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question: Model A wheels to 40 drums

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porknbeaner, Jun 28, 2011.

1. One of the local fellas just called me. He inherited a '31 ford Coupe. Pretty cool I say.

Then he tells me that he was driving it home and one of the wheels got all wobbly so he stopped and tightened up the lugs to get him home but the wheel was trashed.

Then he is telling me about the A, its got 40 Ford brakes, stock model A wheels. I am thinking that when you go hydraulic with wires that you need a spacer between the wheel and the hub/drum. This is correct, right?

So assumeing that this is correct maybe one of you fellas can help me out, and save me a little time in the process. How thick is the spacer?

OK that was a lot for a little question. Never the less thanks in advance.

2. busguy71

busguy71

3. Troyz

Troyz

4. bgaro

bgaro

check out rally america, it thinks they got the adapters your looking for. i believe they need a lip on em cuz the wires are hub centric.

5. Yae I know that you need a spacer and that the wheels are hub centric. I appreciate the info.

But does anyone know how thick they need to be or is it just a support thing?

1/4 will do it or??? I have access to a machine shop and metal. I'll forward the other info to the friend anyway.